1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Museum Donation Bug!

Discussion in 'Support' started by ProphetSix, Mar 15, 2016.

1. ProphetSix

ProphetSix Starship Captain

Ok so i have the whole top have filled for donating, but when I am trying to donate now I can't fill the lower screen it wont let me place an artifact on a block, nor will it let me exit and come back so im stuck with an artifact selected but unable to place it or exit! Please help/fix!

• Thanatosll

Thanatosll Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you not use the movement keys to move the view around to place them in different areas?

• ProphetSix

ProphetSix Starship Captain

I can move around the screen fine, but i cant exit the screen in which im suppose to place the item, this is for when I pick up an artifact thats already been placed by the way, I forgot to mention that! when i pick up the item thats already on a block i cant place it since i cant place anymore items in the bottom blocks. nor can i place it back in its place. but also I cant place new items in the lower blocks. so...im stuck and cant complete the artifact collection

• padmelupin

padmelupin Space Hobo

I'm having this exact issue. For a while, I could work around it by moving artifacts around, but now I'm just stuck and am going to have to restart the day, which sucks because I got artifacts to donate today!

• mormszzz

mormszzz Void-Bound Voyager

this s the cause if the item is stack over 99 if just a single item it will not trigger the bug only if u have more than 5 - up

• Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Same issue. It won't let me re-place the item, nor will it let me access my menu. I have to task manager out of SV and re-start the day.

• Manning

Manning Aquatic Astronaut

I've just posted the exact same bug. It also happened when I tried to donate to the lower table using a stack of two calcites. I thought it was related to the stack, but it might be specifically a lower table issue.

• mormszzz

mormszzz Void-Bound Voyager

likely its stack

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Has anyone found a work around for this? I am experiencing this bug. I cannot donate a single item to the lowertable or right side of room tables. I used to be able to swap new items to older donations, then place the older donation to lower table but now I can't. I am not using any stacks. Just a single item.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The usual work-around is to select the item to move the inventory bar. Then /put the item back in your inventory and pick it up again/. This usually clears the movement bug and allows you to place the item.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

That worked for awhile, then I was able to swap a new item for an older item on the top table, then while holding the older item, place it on a lower table. Now I can't even do that. I became so stuck, i couldnt even get out of the screen and had to restart the day after using task manager to get out of the game. I lost the 3 artifacts I had obtained.

• Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

When you need to exit, move your mouse so that your task bar follows. When the 'ok' button is no longer on the table, you can press it and leave.

• Yrrej86

Yrrej86 Space Hobo

It seems like this particular forum went dead, but I wanted to bring up a similar bug.

So the Switch version was released & the only issues I seem to have so far are museum donations.
                            1) You are unable to rearrange anything donated. Once placed, it cannot be removed (Don't know if this is a bug)
                            2) You cannot place donations on the bottom shelves. This makes it impossible to donate all items to the museum.

Does anyone know if the developers know about these issues or is there some way to contact them & let them know if they don't already? Are they already aware & working on them?

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

1. You are able to rearrange museum items but only if you have console style interface disabled. In that case you have freely moving cursor when donating, with which you can pick up already selected item, much like with mouse. At least I listed this I my thread about the shortcomings of the console style interface. It also lists few other things that are impossible or hard when that interface is on.

2. Placing items on the bottom shelves is possible but extremely tricky. The leading reason seems to be, to me, that your inventory has extremely large bounding box, and you can't access the slots "under" it, even for the parts you see through. The trick is to return the item to your inventory (with B after you have scrolled the bottom tables visible, then pick it up which should move the inventory on top, thus releasing the lower parts. might take few tries to get it right. While rearranging however the inventory disappears from view when picking up an item, but still seems to retain the invisible bounding box. So it comes even more twigglesome to try and get the inventory stay out of the way. I seem to recall that the Switch patch sticky post listed this as noted issue.

• Yrrej86

Yrrej86 Space Hobo

Thanks! I will have to look into this when I play again. But I am glad it is a noted issue.

• boocat

boocat Void-Bound Voyager

This happens to me! I can't set the last thing down, I'm stuck holding it. Can't get my inventory up, and have to give up and collapse the screen. (Sometimes it works fine, though.)