Modding Help Multiple XNB tools will unpack, but not pack

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Allayna, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

I'm going nuts over here. I've having 3 differnet xnb tools - XNBNode, XNB Kit, EasyXNB - will not repack some files, even when I have not made changes.

Yesterday I was quite happily working on my Expanded Maps mod, everything working just fine.
    Late last night, I realized that my Town map wouldn't repack in XNBNode or XNB Kit, the two tools I'd been working with. Even unpacking and trying to repack a file I had packed 2 days ago with no changes didn't work.
    I stumbled upon another tool, EasyXNB that was able to pack my town map.
    Now, this morning, I'm working on the StringsFromMaps file. I edited it a couple times yesterday, and was successfull, but this morning it won't pack!
    Normaly would think I'm doing something wrong, or missing something (beacuse it IS only 2 files I'm having trouble with, and god knows it's easy to miss one missing quotation mark in the string files), but I tried to unpack and repack the original game files, and it doesn't work!
    What on earth is happening?!?

Attached Files:

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Thanks, XNB Extract worked packed the string file.... wish I knew what was going wrong with the others tools... Do you know if XNB Extract ever has issues with transparency on pngs?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
      • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I'm not sure, but its just a wrapper for XNBNode, which never gave me problems previously.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

There shouldn't be any transparency issues with the latest version of XNB Extract.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.