Modding Help Multiple Dungeon Ids for One Dungeon

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SpazDiesFirst360.0, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry if this thread name is a mouthful. I had a question on dungeon id boxes:

So let's say that I wanted two parts of a dungeon to be protected, but have the rest of it not. I know for no dungeon id in a protected dungeon uses this:
    Code:
    dungeonid: none 
    But could I modify it to set the specific area to have a separate dungeon id from the rest of the dungeon by simply replacing "none" with an integer? Or is there more to it?

I use Tiled, if that changes anything.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I haven't used tiled yet. But look at the outpost for example. The main dungeon contains other dungeons within itself.

I think villages are similar except more variable how the pieces come together. The space stations pieces are also dungeons.

So don't protect the main piece, but protect other things... I think. But again I don't know for sure. I do know you can now change the dungeonID through lua.

3. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

If I remember well, in Tiled there are special tiles to protect zones. So, a unprotected dungeon with protected zones could do the trick.

4. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

This was my idea. But my question was if I could do this by simply changing "none" for dungeonid using boxes (which are used for npcs, radio messages, etc.) to, for example, 1, and not have the game crash. If I have not explained it very well before, I hope I cleared up some confusion now.

Wait, there ARE instances of the dungeon id boxes being used for protection of tiles and not stating unprotected tiles? If so, I would like to see an example.