1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Choice Situations? Karma-Meter?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Luke_H, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hello Starbounders!

Will this game boast the feature of multiple-choice? Such as an RPG such as Fallout 3?
    Will choosing the wrong decision end you up in peril?
    Will choosing the right decision end you up with a reward?

Will you have Good/Badd will decisions to be made, will this effect your Karma level? Are you going to be an extreme super villian! Or a universal hero?!

What are your thoughts on this Starbounders?

2. FrEnZy210

FrEnZy210 Starship Captain

I hope there isn't a karma meter, but choices that could possibly end with danger would be great! Having to worry about Karma in an exploration and adventure game would get old very quickly.

3. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

Starbound Effect? No thanks. You could be a total d-bag by nuking every planet you see, but beyond that, I'd rather not.

4. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Former Staff

It's a neat idea when used in the right games, though when it comes down to the sandbox category I don't see it as fitting so well. Perhaps it would and I could be wrong but there just seems too much to do to try and limit yourself to some sort of alignment to please one person or the next. Explore, collect, build and destroy. I see it more as whoever you end up saving they should just be grateful that you didn't leave them behind on the planet that you may have destroyed afterward. :cool:

5. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I'd love a multiple choice system, but like said no karma please. Your choices would effect you though, like say the more evil choices you make, the more evil you become, or vice versa.

6. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

I think a Fable-like effect would be nice where your decisions change your appearance.
    Totally Evil = Devil wings, red eyes, horns, etc etc.
    Totally Good = Angel wings, bright blue eyes, halo maybe, etc etc.

7. jalex3

jalex3 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know, seems a bit God game like. Does not fit well IMO, something like that should be left to modders.

8. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Will there be an "all of the above" option?

9. Zomgmeister

Zomgmeister Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope not. Doesn't fit this game in my opinion. It is good in story-driven RPGs, but not here in sandbox.

10. iblob

iblob Big Damn Hero

No i have yet to see this actually being a useful component in a single game.
    Besides somebody with bad karma couldnt buy anything.

11. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hello Starbounders!

It seems that Karma is not a good option, I've crossed it out.....however....having the multiple choice seems to have gone well for a few of you, I believe that it would give a new twist on Sandbox....I mean, you don't have to stick by a guideline, having variants is what makes a game unique...

12. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

never enjoyed karma since it binds you to play good or bad for the most part and takes away a bit of the freedom of choice. having multiple choices is a good thing though imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.