Modding Help Multiple choice in marriage dialogue?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by flameofnight, Mar 22, 2018.

1. flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

I'm working on some new marriage dialogue for Leah, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to include multiple-choice questions in the marriage dialogue - I've read some mod guides and the wiki for doing them in regular dialogue, but nothing about post-marriage - my attempts at editing the .xnb thus far haven't gone very well. If anyone has some wisdom about this, or knows it isn't possible, please let me know!

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think the same principles should apply for normal dialogue and marriage dialogue. Can you post your code?

• flameofnight

Sure, here you go:

"I love that I get to work on my art every day, and to help you run the best farm around!#$b#What's your project going to be this year?#$q 001/002/003/004 #$r 001 whatever_day_001#Keeping Pierre stocked with good produce.#$r 002 whatever_day_002#Mine adventures!#$r 003 whatever_day_003#Thought I'd see what kind of fish I can catch.#$r 004 whatever_day_004#Work on our social life." #!String
        whatever_day_001: "I did always like the stuff you grew the best when I went shopping." #!String
        whatever_day_002: "Well...as long as you promise to stay safe.$2" #!String
        whatever_day_003: "It's nice to spend so much time outdoors, huh?$h" #!String
        whatever_day_004: "Wine with friends at the saloon sounds great...as long as I get to take you home at the end.$l" #!String

Thanks for taking a look!

• tenthousandcats

Are you using weekdays as preconditions for the dialogue? Like Mon_001? Or are you using the [Weather/Location]_[Day/Night]_[Number] format that marriage dialogue uses? The game generally doesn't take the day of the week into consideration when it's choosing dialogue for spouses. And I'm not sure if I'm right, but it might be best to get rid of the 00's in your response ID numbers.

Auronlova implemented multiple-choice questions in their Shane mod here. Check out the MarriageDialogueShane.xnb and the Shane.xnb for examples. They put the questions in the MarriageDialogueShane.xnb and the responses in the Shane.xnb, which is pretty neat-o.

Good luck! Lemme know how it works out for ya (because I am addicted to dialogue mods and the part you posted looks really good hnnnnggghh) :DD

• flameofnight

I was trying them as season_day since like you said, marriage dialogue doesn't have weekdays in it. I really appreciate you pointing me at Auronlova's example - I was hoping someone smarter than me had gotten something working! I plan to have a few in there and was really hoping I wouldn't have to rework them. Thanks!

tenthousandcats likes this.
            • flameofnight

• tenthousandcats

Nice, I'm glad it worked out!! :laugh: