1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue "Multiplayer via Steam friends" greyed out

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by UninvitedChaos, Jul 22, 2016.

1. UninvitedChaos

UninvitedChaos Big Damn Hero

I'm trying to invite a friend to my game via Steam, but his menu has "Multiplayer via Steam friends" greyed out. He does not recieve invites when I try to send them.

Edit: He's reinstallling to see if this fixes the issue. This did not fix it.
    Edit 2: For f**ks sake.. All it took was to restart steam.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

it didnt do anything when i restarted...
    do you know what to do?

3. Roninonin

Roninonin Orbital Explorer

I'm still having this problem and I haven't found a single solution. I've asked for help for weeks and no one has replied to me.

4. Kram2002

Kram2002 Space Hobo

I'm having this problem to please help

Edit
    The steam restart worked butt you have to exit steam directory hope this helps

P.s also I have already restarted steam many time no idea why it worked this time

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  5. YourNamegoeshere

YourNamegoeshere Space Hobo

I'm having the same problem, I've tried restarting steam(multiple times), updating the game, Restarting my pc, and reconnecting to the internet, None of which worked.

6. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Both players must be friends on steam, your profiles should be prefferably public and have working steam application.
    Otherwise i don't know. It may also come down to the software interfering like chamachi and just the operating system like Mac OS or Linux