1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Multiplayer/Server does not work

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by yayorbitgum, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yayorbitgum

yayorbitgum Space Hobo

This is as far as the dedicated server tool will make it before stopping and then nothing happens. I and several friends have had zero luck getting a server to run so we assume multiplayer is not working, but just in case we're doing something wrong I figured I would post here.

So is multiplayer/server working for you? If so, how did you get it to work? If not, are you getting the same messages in the console?

Several warn messages come up regarding various Perfs, then always ends with "Info: Shutting down world alpha:blahblahblah"

The console does not accept input at any point.

2. Ebdac

Ebdac Star Wrangler

I have the same problem. Though in my case I got one more line:
    "Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::run.innerloop milllis: 151"
    No idea what to do.

3. Spadow

Spadow Void-Bound Voyager

Does anybody have a solution yet?

4. Ebdac

Ebdac Star Wrangler

I found a thread where someone said that the message that I wrote earlier indicates that server is ON. I dunno about that because I still couldn't connect to it with my ip or wit hamachi ip.

5. JACrazy

JACrazy Space Spelunker

shutting down means that it worked, it shuts down whenever its empty

6. JohnnyKill

JohnnyKill Astral Cartographer

http://whatismyipaddress.com/
    Thats the IP you use to connect to, btw If Any other trouble instade of finding your ip... LET me know..

7. Hyperventilate

Hyperventilate Starship Captain

My husband and I had issues with our server at first. We have automatic portforwarding but it didn't seem to actually be forwarding the port. Manually entered it and it works like a charm. Could be a fix for some people?

8. hoschelhoff

hoschelhoff Starship Captain

Portforwarding is different for each type of router.
    Go to portforward.com and find your router for instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.