Modding Help Multiplayer, Protect Items in chests?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Hachis Boucle, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Hachis Boucle

Hachis Boucle Space Hobo

I have scoured the forums and i haven't been able to find a hint a mod that allows items in chests to be protected, or otherwise the whole ship of your stuff to be protected from tampering? is there anything for this to be done at all??
    (if i just failed at searching, please forgive me and link me to the appropriate thread)

Maybe you could make a chest that only you could see if you have a particular file installed, or if your name is so and so??? I really don't know how feasible any of this is. but for multiplayer it would allow me to play on public servers without fearing for my ship's integrity (as much)

2. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

Don't think theres a mod that let's you do this yet, you can prevent your stuff from being stolen by not going into parties.

Edit Apparently not!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. zairs

zairs Aquatic Astronaut

Not yet there isn't a mod, as he said. But not going into parties wont help you any as there are ways to get on a player ship without being in a party.

4. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

I was not aware of this, my mistake.

5. MorpH

MorpH Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not sure if this is possible right now but I think I am going to give it a shot!

6. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

Either you make a chest that when a player uses it, he sees his version only, as if it was part of his inventory or you make it that you can lock and unlock with a specific key.

7. FuRySnipes

FuRySnipes Void-Bound Voyager

My suggestion is we make a lock system like a safe of sorts but yet again, people could fugure them out