Feedback Multiplayer Problem On Switch

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Dylance, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Dylance

Dylance Space Hobo

In the recent few days, I could not search and find my friends in Stardew Valley. I used to play the online multiplayer mode with my friend for 4 times without any problem. But it doesn’t work now. Both my friend and I have Nintendo Switch Online account. And we can see each other online in friend list. There is no issue for the online mode when we play other games like Overcooked and Mario Kart 8.

I tried the local multiplayer mode with previous archives today and it also didn’t work. I am not sure if the issue is on Stardew Valley side or Nintendo Switch side.

1. When I played the local multiplayer mode for the first time, I used my existing saved file.

2. I used the same file for three times in online multiplayer mode without problem.

3. In the recent two days, both online and local multiplayer mode didn’t work. When the room owner (Account A) is online. Account B cannot find the room.

4. We tried to create a new farm using Account A. But Account B still cannot find the room.

5. Then, we tried to create a new farm using Account B. Account A can find the room and play the game.

6. We also tried to open a new account (Account C). Both Account B and C can find each other and play the game no matter who created the new file.

I’ve been a huge fan of your games for 2 years and I love stardew valley so much! I also play on PC and IOS platforms. I really hope you can help me solve this problem!

Appreciate your help!

• Beseecher

Beseecher Space Hobo

My join list is empty as well no matter if I or my friend is set as host.

• Beseecher

Beseecher Space Hobo

I found the solution on another post. When you start a farm in the options you have to create cabins for the other people to join. The default is zero cabins some reason. Without a cabin your game won’t show to join.