1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer on GOG.com?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Goblin Goon, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Goblin Goon

Goblin Goon Space Hobo

Hi folks,

Disclaimer: I haven't bought the game yet.

I read the wiki page about multiplayer, and it sounds almost like you have to buy the game on Steam for multiplayer. How will I go about playing multiplayer if I buy on GOG.com? And, is the Online PVP mode available on GOG as well?

(On the GOG store page it says "All content is available in online drop-in/drop-out co-op")

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Steam is only required for Steam Multiplayer. You can also connect via discord or directly via IP.

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

4. Dankino

Dankino Aquatic Astronaut

Basically if you have the game on Steam it doesn't need online setups anymore, if the person shares it's game with others all you have to do it click on your friend's icon and join game through the drop down options.
    Same thing with your own, a friend will just click on your name and join the game.

Outside of Steam online gameplays need setups, which options Pangaea posted above.