Multiplayer monster damage

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Encore002, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Encore002

Encore002 Space Hobo

Is the monster damage in Multiplayer doubled?

We just got to the Skull Cavern and the monsters like the serpands seam to deal massive damage, about 40+ per hit. Or the Mummies deal sometimes 55 damage. Even if we stay together and prepare every encounter its very dangerous.

From my earlier play through it did not seam "that" dangerous, granted we did no use any buffs, only the 4+ defense from the boots.

Do you have similar experience or is that just "normal"?

• Saibara

Saibara Subatomic Cosmonaut

Had my friend who I play co op with die from an iridium bat. He was client, I was host. The bat dealt upwards of 70 damage in a single hit. Knockback on client is still a massive issue, but I have noticed getting hit for similarly high numbers as host by almost anything: mummies, brutes, especially serpents and iridium bats, dealing more than fifty damage in a single hit. This doesn't seem to be the case in single player, and at this time, I am uncertain if this is a bug or a feature for multiplayer to have harder hitting monsters. If it is a feature: It is simply too much and too random. I have no problem with the skull cavern being challenging, but sometimes you enter a new floor with enemies almost immediately on top of you. Even with defensive items and good weapons, you can potentially get hit 2 to 3 times and faint. Pair that with the lack of knockback on enemies for clients and the notoriously wonky hitbox of serpents and bats when they attack from the south and it seems too harsh, considering hitting the mines in multiplayer is "balanced" time-wise by no pauses for eating or moving down floors.
      Even with maxed out health, getting only about 4 hits before fainting would be a surprisingly "pro" design choice in a game that is catered to... well, everyone.

• Mom2Gamer

Mom2Gamer Phantasmal Quasar

I've heard this multiple times in the games I've played as well. I personally haven't ventured into the Skull Cavern in multiplayer yet, but not I'm scared too. o_O