Multiplayer Lag (POSTPONED)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by NoahZ, Mar 5, 2018.

1. NoahZ

NoahZ Yeah, You!

Theres multiplayer issues via lag and it happens every time me or my friend hosts a server (not public just friends only) and this happens ALL the time and I saw in a post that was published at 2k13 I saw that one of the dev's fixed the problem and pushed it to unstable, it was like there was no multiplayer issues! Yet the next day it started happening again and again on unstable and the original starbound.
    I really hope you are gonna say "Yes we are gonna push the multiplayer issue fix for starbound at 1.3.4"

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Does your friend has a sufficient upload and download rate? Are you connecting via steam or via ip?
    Connecting via steam may cause some lags (at least my experience with different games)

3. NoahZ

NoahZ Yeah, You!

Yes, we are connecting with steam.
    But no my firend doesn't have a massive download at all
    me and my friend have PERFECT internet and we still lag all the time
    hosting doesn't seem to work because I load up the starbound_server and the IP and Address doesn't even work
    I watched overall 20 tutorial videos for Macbook and none of them helped.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

For ip connection the one who hosts need to setup his/her router for portforwarding. Otherwise it wont work. If your friend doesnt have a good downloadrate i assume his uploadrate isnt good either?

5. NoahZ

NoahZ Yeah, You!

I know how to port forward but the only thing I am missing which now I figured out is I need to turn on my Ethernet but I need the Ethernet device for that
    If you guys can fix steam host lag I really hope you can fix it.

I just talked to starwire about this (internet company) and they are busy right now so they can't tell me if theres an ethernet coord for our router.

Lets postpone this discussion for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018