1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Multiplayer crash/Now unable to join friend

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by NivalisAngelus, Apr 29, 2018.

1. NivalisAngelus

NivalisAngelus Big Damn Hero

The crash is happening as a result of a material exception. I'm not really looking to fix that, exactly. Its probably something from one of our mods and I do not think I'm going to be able to find out what it is.

Rather, I just want to avoid the problem and keep playing. But I can't.
    We can't seem to find a way to get my character to reset to my ship. Every time I attempt to connect to the game, it spawns me in the exact location on the planet that had the crash and so before I can even react, it crashes again with the same Material Exception.

If I can simply get away from that location, I can return to playing and just not go to the problem planet. But I am stuck starting up the game in the exact same location everytime, which is bizarre because any other time I load into a game, it in on the ship.
    I have no idea how to reset my character's location in my friend's game without loading in and actually moving, but I can't do that.

*Update* After attempting to remove my packed.pak file and verify game files, as well reinstalled the mod that is suspected to contain the material exception, I am no longer simply disconnected from the multiplayer game but rather the game itself just immediately closes.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018