1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Multiplayer Bug - Can't Do Contests

Discussion in 'Support' started by BoogtehWoog, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BoogtehWoog

BoogtehWoog Void-Bound Voyager

Good day,

I've encountered a bug during the Stardew Valley Fair and the Ice Fishing festival. I am able to join the games or contests in them, but when I am in them, I am unable to perform any actions. The host is able to play them just fine.

• Moonwolf666

Moonwolf666 Big Damn Hero

Me and my friend are currently experiencing the same bug. I (host) can fish and do the slingshot game without problems, but when he (client) tries to play he can't use the slingshot and fishing rod in the games at the Stardew Valley Fair.

• SkChoad

SkChoad Space Hobo

Figured this out.
        You have to have at least 1 point of fishing experience to play the carnival games. Have your friend grab the fishing pole, catch one thing (can be trash) and they will get access to the games. Ran into this as well.

Friend was host, never fished (but got rod from Willy). When they entered the games, they couldn't move or perform any actions. We restarted the day and had them fish one item (trash from farm pond) and they gained the ability to play. Restarted day, and skipped fishing, issue re-occurred.

Second bug, do not play games while the grange display is being judged. The message "Your grange display has been judged, return.... blah blah will cause your character to get stuck in the game (fishing at least).

• Moonwolf666

Moonwolf666 Big Damn Hero

Still doesn't explain the bug at Stardew Valley Fair where my friend couldn't play any of the games.