1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Multiplayer beta cabin rearranging bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nysyarc, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Nysyarc

Nysyarc Space Hobo

My fiancé and I have been playing the multiplayer beta for several weeks now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Many of the bugs we've encountered have been minor and have since been resolved. I've searched for information on this one though and nothing has come up, so I'll report it here.

Upon upgrading my farmhand cabin, all of the placed furniture within (including chests) gets shifted around, even to the point of being inaccessibly situated within walls or other objects. It happened the first time I upgraded my cabin and one of my chests got stuck in the new fridge, unable to be opened or mined out. The second cabin upgrade saw the same bug occur, this time trapping three chests in the new crib and two other pieces of furniture in the wall, as shown in this screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/0haWg8w.png

It looked a lot worse than that at first; that was after spending the entire day moving all the chests and their contents back to the room below from where they were next to the crib. The three chests in the crib cannot be accessed or broken, so at least for now all the items I had in them are lost.

Some potentially relevant information regarding the bug:

- We're the only two players on the farm, and we've married each other in the game, not any NPCs. Both of my cabin upgrades happened after our marriage.
    (Side note, will the Stardrop obtainable from an NPC after marriage still be obtainable if marrying another player?)

- After each upgrade initially, none of the furniture moved around. It was only after quitting out of the game and reloading that the furniture all moved. Both times I had slept in the farmhouse bed the night before the upgrade finished, then went to check on the new upgrades in the cabin; all was well, then we had to quit, reloaded later, I woke up in my cabin instead of the farmhouse after reloading, and everything was moved.

- The same bug has not occurred in the farmhouse, only my cabin.

- It only seems to happen the one time immediately after upgrading. Likely has something to do with the interior cabin layout changing and getting larger.

Let me know if I can help by providing any further information.

Edit: Didn't notice the Mac/Linux sub forum, so maybe it's worth noting that I'm playing on Mac OS X 10.10.5, but my fiancé (who is the host) is playing on Windows 7.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018