Moving up mining level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ostrichsquad, Dec 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ostrichsquad

ostrichsquad Space Hobo

So I reached the end of the mines without being mining level 10 and now I can't seem to move up a level. I'm not sure if it's just taking a long time and I'm being impatient but I feel like three solid days of mining would move me up from level 7.

• Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@ostrichsquad Yes, it gets progressively longer to level up. See the wiki article on XP and Mining here. If you scroll down you can see how much XP you get from various types of rock, which are relatively small so you'll have to mine a lot to level.

It probably didn't seem as long when you're exploring the Mines but now that all you're doing is grinding to level, it'll probably seem more monotonous and thus longer.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Tip: You can use bombs to mass harvest rocks and you get the xp for them all just as if you'd broken them with the pick.

• La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

Mining always seems to be the last I get to level 10. Sometimes it's a real struggle to get it there before the end of year 2.

mugglessuck likes this.
          • mugglessuck

mugglessuck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@ostrichsquad I feel you, girl! This isn't my first play-through but the game I'm using now is currently level 8 mining and it seems like no matter what I do, I can't get to level 9! Been spamming the bombs and breaking every rock on my ore-hunts and NOTHING. We'll get there soon enough... I hope :nuruneutral:

• bobucles

bobucles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rocks are worth practically nothing for XP. Hunt ore and hunt gems. Don't waste time on small fry.

I find that combat is the last thing I need to hit level 10.