1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Moving a friend's world to my dedicated server.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Jhikan, Jul 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jhikan

Jhikan Space Hobo

Good Afternoon all!

So I've poked around with moving whole Universes too my server before but in this instance I have a friend who wants to join our group's dedicated server but Is saddened that he'll leave his Home Base behind that he was building up on his starting planet. Is there a way to move just their world and not the whole universe over so when they join in they'll have all their stuff intact? I was going to run tests when I get home this evening to see if it was indeed something that can be done or not but figure I'd save myself an hour of troubleshooting if it turns out it's not possible.

Thanks and apologies if this question exists already. I couldn't find it.

2. PocketNova

PocketNova Master Chief

Actually in the process of testing this out myself, so this could all turn out horrible!

Gone into starbound > storage > universe. You're going to need the exact coordinates of the planet you want to move. The part I'm halted at is that there are several files with my planet's coordinates on them and I'm not sure if I should move all of them or just the last modified file. When I get around to testing it I'll let you know.

Edit1: Move as in copy. I don't want to mess up any of the files themselves.