1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Mouse intermittently won’t “hold”

Discussion in 'Support' started by JabberwockySR, Dec 10, 2019.

1. JabberwockySR

JabberwockySR Intergalactic Tourist

Had problem since I started (1.3, I think) where my mouse will sometimes not acknowledge that I’m holding. I will then have to water squares individually, click for each chop, and it will also ignore clicks entirely while fishing. I got to Summer day 6 in a game I started on 1.4 before the problem raised its head again.

Running a SP game in the GoG Galaxy version now, had previously run plain GoG install.

Not the problem:
    Windows and all other games (e.g. I can select multiple files in Windows or shoot a bow in Skyrim) recognize when I hold the mouse button, so the Kensington trackball shouldn’t be it.

Probably not the problem:
    Occurred previously without mods, now occurring with them.
    Updated to and ran 1.4.2 for almost a game week before issue started back up after not running into it with 1.4 and 1.4.1.
    Previously occurred with both SP and MP

Possible factors:
    I passed out in the mines on the prior day, so woke with the sword selected.
    My chickens just matured to lay their first eggs.
    My silo just completed (occurs both with and without harvesting hay in the morning).

Tried:
    Closed and reopened the game.
    I reset the controls and it worked for 3 charged waterings, then resumed.
    Trackball driver is updated.
    Rebooted.

Did not (yet) try:
    Reinstalling Stardew
    A different save
    Reinstalling the drivers
    ???

Edit:
    Tried using keyboard instead, succeeded. Mouse still does not “hold” though.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019