Mountable pets

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Royal_Starlord, May 29, 2016.

1. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

Horses, right?

OR MORE LIKE SPACE HORSES???

... Or some kind of racing snail reference or something. :3

Silly idea from me, I know. X3

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

You may be onto something. It'd be real neat if one could tame creatures that you capture. There's some random gen creatures that would be really cool to ride and would be an early game alternative to vehicles.

3. LeMinotier

LeMinotier Poptop Tamer

I like the idea and i guess it shouldn't be that hard to implement given the mechanics for vehicles and pets are already in place. We could have legendary mounts that are really rare. That would be an awesome addition for a vehicles based update past 1.0.

Royal_Starlord likes this.
  4. Skelozard1

Skelozard1 Phantasmal Quasar

I like this idea :)
    I remember that when Starbound was yet to be released, Chucklefish showed some space deers, it would be pretty cool seeing things like this in-game

Akre and Royal_Starlord like this.
  5. we need to build a space horse, and we will have novakids pay for that horse :p sorry for meme, but i totally agree with the idea of space horses

6. LostSeeker

LostSeeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

How about being able to equip a saddle similar to how we equip collars onto large quadrupedal creatures that you end up capturing? They could do their bash attacks when foes end up right in front of them automatically while you control them. Plus, riding an alien T-rex, or some other indescribable horror? Why the heck not?

You might be able to use your own weapons on your mount as well. Horseback - er, alienback archery anyone? Or maybe use a spear you have on hand for some classic lance jousting?

Tho this would seem reminiscent of what I did with a Unicorn and Pigron mount on Terraria...