REQUEST More unproductive activities

Discussion in 'Mods' started by GreenWombat, Nov 21, 2016.

1. GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I love the game I really do but whenever I play it frequently ends up feeling like a grind because almost everything in the game feels like it's pushing towards a goal or skill. Work on your farm to earn money, talk to the villagers to raise hearts, bring things to the community center to progress the plot, fish for money, forage for money, mine for money, etc, etc. The only really unproductive task is the two arcade machines in the saloon

Does anyone know of a mod (or would anyone be interested in making a mod) that adds in more unproductive little side tasks/activities to help occasionally break away from the constant grind. Maybe something like playing fetch with your dog, hanging out with villagers you're friends with, maybe the option to offer to help robin/pierre/gus/clint out at their respective business'

Just little side things that aren't directly related to progression in order to mix things up.

• Mysticfellow

Mysticfellow Tentacle Wrangler

+GreenWombat Yeah, I completely agree with you. I feel like there aren't enough mini-games and whatnot to stray away from the overly repetitive yet satisfying tasks. It would be cool if there was a mod that involved kayaking or something. Where the player rode down a river and had to dodge rocks whilst trying to collect certain objects which give you points. The only realistic way in which this could apply is in the Stardew Valley Fair, which in itself has become boring. However I don't know of any mods like this

GreenWombat and Harzelora like this.
      • Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

I would love to be able to bring my spouse and kids to the Beach/Forest/Mountains to have a picnic. Or just have them follow me to hang out with me all day.
        Having dates at the Saloon, go to the Bathouse/Beach for a swim with the ppl and so on...
        I love your mini-games ideas too ! We could perhaps make more video games like Journey of the Prairie King.

Also... great moves, Mysticfellow, keep it up. Proud of ya !

Mysticfellow and GreenWombat like this.
        • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

This would be great. To me what the festivals need most is some variation and unique gameplay to look forward to. Festivals would be a lot more interesting on repeat runs if each of them had some kind of mini game aspect that you only got to play once a year and then had to wait for the fair to come around again to try again. It would make them feel more special that way and give more reason to look forward to them where as at the moment they are pretty much just walk around to talk to everyone and then you are done. The Stardew Valley fair at the moment is the only one that really does that and as a result is the only event that I really look forward to any more.

Mysticfellow likes this.
          • Mysticfellow

Mysticfellow Tentacle Wrangler

Yeah, those ideas sound awesome. Like you mentioned, it would be cool if there was a feature that allowed you to swim or even play catch on the beach. The picnic idea sounds neat too, like if you were able to talk to your wife about setting up a picnic.
            All of these ideas are interesting and it would be cool to see them in the game. Papa bless, Harzelora!

Harzelora likes this.