More Star Type and New Biomes!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Rannuncullus, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
?

Did You Like it?

1. Of Course!

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Nah....

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Rannuncullus

Rannuncullus Void-Bound Voyager

This my first suggestion, please pe patience :nurutease:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

In the Starbound Game we have some types of stars that determines which type of planets that will be generated, the stars of Starbound is correlated with the stars in the universe and they evolution, starting with nomals stars (Gentle), passing through medium types (Eccentric and Radioactive) and finally ending in pre-supernova types, the Giant Types (Frozen and Firey), using this idea we can create some more types of stars to craete more types of planets, so, my suggestion is:

Neutron Stars: "A Dead star created by a Supernova explosion, they have high gravity, are ultracompact, and expels radiation"

Caracteristics:
    • It will appears with a grey color with a Faint Glow;
    • That type of stars will produce planets of tier 8, 9 (and possibly 10);
    • Every planet created in that star will require the full protection (Breath, Radioactive and Temperature) to be explored, adding a new protection called "Gravity Protection";
    • The Light issued by this star have a light blue aspect.
    Planets: All of the planets that orbit that star, suffered with the explosion of the old star, generating some extreme biomes.

• Dead (Empty): A primary type of biome, consists of, in the surface of radioactive dirt and sand (I been thinkg in a a Radioactive Colorfull Dirt and Bright Metalic Sand), with some of Solar Stones (A very tought rock), will have some rare Petrifyed Trees, And Various ores in the surface.
    • Ancient Tech City: Another primary type of biome, consist of, some destroyed tall buildings with a advanced tecnology, but is all dead, everything is covered sand and some of Petrifyed Matter Plant Block or Dead Matter Plant Block, Junk Tech Block. The other half of the planet will consist of a desert of Dark Metalic Sand.
    Mini Biomes:

• Ancient Tech City Ruins: Appears on the undergound, consists of some burried buildings. with the same (but diferent LOL) patern of the Ancient Tech City;
    • Petrifyed Florest: A Very large area of Petrifyed Trees, Bushes and Grass.
    • Radiactive Crystal: A place covered with multi-colored bright crystals, with Radioactive Crystal Trees. They can be Found too in the underground of these planets;
    • Zombifyed: (Only in the Planets with Ancient Tech City Ruin main biome), consist of a place infested with mutant like creatures, is made of Tall buildings with some Mutant Slime Block;
    • Floating Dome City: A floating city in a dome-like structure, will be a home of The Greayns, they have some undamaged furniture that will be usually found in the Ancients city.
    Survivors: The Survivors will be only found in the deep underground, in some Ruins-like Houses.

New Human Sub-Race: The Greyans - (Like the Alpacas Knights, and Mushrooms Soldiers) they will wear costumes of a "The Greys" Classic aliens.

all of that biomes will have some unique furniture and chests and itens.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Hope you'll like, and sorry for my english! :kitten:

soarin24 and AfterBurner0 like this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You lost me at planets around an neutron star. If a star was big enough to go supernova, then all planets around it would be vaporized.

soarin24, Sylxeria and Rannuncullus like this.
  3. Rannuncullus

Iazarus78,

When a star is near to explode, she will expand swallowing some of planets that is close to her, but, some of planets that is far for the star will not be swallowed, then when the supernova blows and transform into a Neutron star, due his high gravity, the far planets will be dragged, forming a new orbit, that why the planet is all dead and destroyed. I think in that way...

soarin24 likes this.
  4. lazarus78

You don't know what a supernova is, do you? They are literally the most powerful explosions in the known universe. Anything within several light-years around them is basically gone. Any surviving planets are ejected and become rogue planets.

5. Rannuncullus

Of course i know what is a Supernova... and i know too that the planet are ejected from they orbits, but it never been proofed that don't exists any planets around then (As far as I know)they can exists, i just give some of choices, and the game don't respect all of the laws of the universe, i just want be open minded =D

6. Rannuncullus

And anyway , it's just use another type of star...

7. lazarus78

They do exist, but in drastically altered orbits.

I know it is just a game, but I don't think we should completely disregard reality this way. Plus I don't think we need another star type to clutter up the already crowded universe.

But anyhoo, I will say your idea isn't bad. I just don't think we need it (unless it were made into a mod).

8. Rannuncullus

ok, i'll delete it... if i can

9. lazarus78

Nah, don't do that. This is just my opinion on the matter. For all I know, I could be the odd one out and others would absolutely love this.

Sylxeria and Rannuncullus like this.
  10. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

That's... not true.

If OUR sun went supernova (it can't), it wouldn't even obliterate the Earth. I mean, it'd basically immediately scour the side facing the explosion of pretty much everything down a few layers into the planet, and the rest would be immediately flash-fried from intense heat and radiation, reducing the planet to a molten lump... but there'd still be something there.

Also... there ARE planets orbiting neutron stars and pulsars. We've known about them since the 90s. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsar_planet) Granted, those handful we know of are actually cooked remains of star cores, and one is likely a captured planet originally from another system, but given how much Starbound bends the odds of astronomy to make most of its planets habitable in the first place, I think we could have comparatively rare supercooked systems orbiting pulsars, with the odd captured planet.

(Hell, a superdense planet would be interesting. Intensely hard crust, super high gravity, would need THE most advanced tech available to dent it, mining would take forever... but the ore prizes possible could be amazing for the effort.)

Sylxeria and Rannuncullus like this.
  11. Rannuncullus

Thanks M_Sipher, i really don't know about planets obiting some Neutron Stars! when i formulate this suggestion i just considered the possibility of these planets and how they can be. I really apreciate.

12. Azur Lighting

Azur Lighting Void-Bound Voyager

Oh....would be possible in the game add these type of planets i mean in a very very very low rate?

Rannuncullus likes this.
  13. lazarus78

They could be simulated, yeah. A star system without an actual star, and a low chance for a single planet. would take a little work though.

14. Rannuncullus

Maybe Not, a star system with two planets is ideal...

15. Azidoazide Azide

Azidoazide Azide Void-Bound Voyager

I had a very similar idea for a mod recently to replace Gentle stars with the name Sun like, The medium types (Eccentric and Radioactive) with Multi-Star and Neutron Star/Unstable Star, and (Frozen and Firey) with White Dwarf and Red Super Giant. I was also considering some of the ideas I read here and thought of adding few new star systems like Protostar, Brown Dwarf/Black Dwarf, and Rogue Planet Systems. I would really love if to could make this idea happen.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Azur Lighting likes this.
  16. Azur Lighting

Azur Lighting Void-Bound Voyager

THIS ONE!!!!!

That's what starbound needs to be!!!
    The universe for now is too crowded of repetitive stars, needs to be less crowded with less habitable planets

The new nightly show a mix of biomes but, sorry for saying this
    looks like a clusterfuck

PD : sorry about my english

Azidoazide Azide likes this.
  17. Azidoazide Azide

Azidoazide Azide Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, I mean the stars might as well be the same image hue shifted with no other variation and I completely agree about needing less habitable planets. What they really need to implement is a Goldilocks Zone setup with the planets instead of this type of star produces these cookie cutter planets.

18. Rannuncullus

Seeing you guys talking, we need in starbound is a inhabitable zone, like in all of planetary sistem, to select some planets which live will grow, but i say life, and when i say that i mean that only in that planets will have some of structures (Like Villages) and the others will have ruins of colonization of others eras.

19. lazarus78

Planets used to be set up into temperature zones back in Koala. Hot in the inner rings, mild in the middle rings, and cold in the outer rings.

20. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'm... pretty sure they weren't.