1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More Saplings For Starbound 1.2.2

EVERY tree in the game now drops 2 saplings or more, even the ones that never dropped a sapling

1. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

2. KateisLost

green3y3 and DarthTrethon like this.
  3. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi,
    just wanted to inform that i could not give a new review because of the Dropbox-link.
    Thank you very much for revitalizing this nice Mod!

4. KateisLost

Thank you for the kind comment! I'll keep trying to update the mod through the site but it might be a few days before it works.

5. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

There is the giant bean stalk on bog planets (FU) which gives you a "beam up to ship"-crash instead of a sapling if you try to harvest it. Maybe you just forgot to include that one.

6. KateisLost

7. KateisLost

KateisLost updated More Saplings with a new update entry:

Update attempt 7ish, plus a few small changes

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1443921152][/DOUBLEPOST]

I was able to fix the "beam up to ship" crash that tree was causing, but after the fix I could not get it to drop any saplings. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I have just removed it for the time being and will attempt to fix it at a later date.

Thanks for the report!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    green3y3 likes this.
  8. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Like! :)
    I also got that up beam with one kind of crystal tree on crystal moons. I'd like to take a look into the FU files myself, but i dont know how to unpack/pack modpack files on a mac. Do you have an idea for that?

9. KateisLost

I'll check it out.

As for looking into FU's files I just use the Github version.

10. KateisLost

green3y3 likes this.
  11. KateisLost

DarthTrethon likes this.
  12. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Is the main download for this up to date or should I use the dropbox link? A number of trees still don't drop saplings (like those twisty vine trees), plus the Crystal Sphere tree just drops a bunch of perfectly generic items.

13. KateisLost

The main download is the most updated one currently. I have been working on the few trees I know aren't working and have finally got them to work, both the magictree(which I think is the twisty vine tree you mentioned) and the darkrock tree( the one that appears on the new midnight worlds) . I was not aware of the Crystal Sphere tree dropping PGI's, more testing I guess! Thanks for letting me know about it.

14. KateisLost

Hmmm I can't seem to find the Crystal Sphere tree you speak of. The three trees I thought it might be( the Geometric, the Crystalline, and the Icesphere) I tested and they seem to work just fine. Could you maybe post a screen shot to show me what tree it is that is dropping the PGI's?

15. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hmm, I'll try to take screenshots and copy my log errors the next time I see one.

16. KateisLost

Awesome! That would help alot

17. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hey, just wanted to let you know I found some ice sphere trees that were dropping PGIs, these ones in particular:
    [​IMG]

This was the error:
    Code:
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[sapling, 1, {"stemName":"","stemHueShift":-1
    1.5459,"foliageName":"","foliageHueShift":0}]'. (PlantDatabaseException) stemNam
    e '' not found in plant database

18. KateisLost

Did the tree drop any saplings at all? or any wood?

19. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

No saplings, only PGIs. I think it dropped wood and snowballs or snowflakes or something though.

20. KateisLost

Weird, I am not getting anything like that. Mine are dropping what they are supposed to just fine, no PGI's.

Try replacing the code in the geometricfoliage.modularfoliage.patch file of the geometric tree with this

Code:
    [
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/dropConfig/drops/0","value": [  { "item" : "sapling", "count": 2 }  ]  }
    ]
    Weird, my mod makes the tree drop two saplings, but I guess they added a sapling drop to the foliage in the latest update. The odd thing about the error log is that it is saying it's only not instantiating 1 sapling, which would be the one added by the game itself and not the mod.