More Reasons why Hilltop Map is awesome.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xylia, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So I've already gone over my reasons why I like the Hilltop Map, but I'll re-iterate:

1). You have a huge natural pen just south of your farmhouse, which means very little fuss with fences.
    2). The Quarry Area will spawn Copper, Iron, and Gold Ores.
    3). The Quarry Area will spawn Normal and Magma (and I assume frozen but I've yet to see one) Geodes.
    4). The main farming area is right next to the Greenhouse, which makes all your plants right near each other.
    5). There's a nice little area that can be turned into a little fruit tree area just south of the "animal pen".

And now... yet a new reason:

6). Stones broken on the Hilltop Farm can randomly yield Frozen, Magma, and I think Omni Geodes (I had an OG in my inventory on a day I didn't touch the Mine, Quarry or Fishing so I assume that's where I got it).

With the perk that doubles your chances of finding geodes, even the normal stones in the farm's quarry area is awesome, lol.

• Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made a new save file to tool around on that one last night. Bit of a pain in the early-game, since a huge log spawned right in front of one of the bridges, but I love the layout regardless.

• Froggie_McTardy

Froggie_McTardy Void-Bound Voyager

I love the Hilltop farm too.

I have had frozen geodes from the mine. While the respawn rate on rocks isn't ever going to compete with going down in the mines, it's a great supplemental for getting started. Also, as mining skill increases, the quality of the ore appears to increase too.

I have chickens where you have the fruit trees, it only needs 4 fence pieces and 2 gates to enclose the area. And there is room for a tree or two as well. I have a tapped maple tree there.

The huge log and the huge rock that blocked the two vertical bridges were a pain, but the extra ore from the mine helped with getting my tools upgraded in record time :) So they were gone within a season or two.

Most of all I just love the design. I'm enjoying working around the terrain. As far as I can tell - so far - there is plenty of room for everything that I really want to fit in there.

December_Slate likes this.
        • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Can you use a cherry bomb to remove the rock? :rofl:

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

That log and the huge stone are not random spawns. They're intentional a la the Harvest Moon games where you have to work to get access to the whole farm.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

You can get around them by using the horizontal bridges which are not blocked, so you still have access to pretty much the entire farm, you just gotta do 10-ish seconds of extra walking until you can break that junk.

Reddestiny921 likes this.