1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More Pleasing Splash Screen and Centered Main Menu mod!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Zaccie, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Zaccie

Zaccie Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Shasow, Seajun_, Med and 3 others like this.
  2. IOScream

IOScream Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it possible to animate the background?

I.E Spinning planets, ships flying past (rarely) and planet weather affects?

Shiokuri and Israphial like this.
  3. Zaccie

I think the planets do move about already?
    I can look into the code and see if I can add it becauseI think that'd be neat!

samaran123 likes this.
  4. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Why remove the Chucklefish logo from the splash screen? They created the game, they SHOULD appear in the splash screen, no matter what size their logo appears as.

carcrasher65 likes this.
  5. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the chucklefish intro. Makes it feel much more professional. The sound effect is a nice touch, aswell.

6. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like the current one,from what I saw.

Zernicalo likes this.
  7. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

I think you are espousing your opinion as if it were a logical claim.

There is nothing logical about this, Chucklefish is a business which employs developers, who made the game - the business did not create the game. Also, what SHOULD appear is whatever is programmed to appear - now that is fact.

Biggaveli likes this.
  8. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

You realize Chucklefish publishes and develops games, right?

carcrasher65, Aeon, Seajun_ and 3 others like this.
  9. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I can't breathe. Did you fire your fact-checker?

PXLForce, Aeon, wtfkiffer and 2 others like this.
  10. Adallamus

Adallamus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PLEASE

11. adamweaver43

adamweaver43 Orbital Explorer

Dude... Chucklefish did make this game.... That is why they are in the splash screen... so uh... No offense but you really look like you have no idea what you are talking about.

12. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

Fact: All the preorder money was blown on a frigate of honey.

Biggaveli, carcrasher65, Aeon and 2 others like this.
  13. epidemnic

epidemnic Void-Bound Voyager

Mm, yeah, personally I feel like chucklefish's logo shouldn't be taken away from the splashscreen. It's like taking the artist's signature off a painting.

14. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think I'm going to be able to convince anyone Chucklefish didn't develop this game, but I'll try once more anyway: Chucklefish isn't a human being. Human beings developed this game, Chucklefish is just a catch-all reference to the monetary structure those human beings used to fund development of the game.

The artists signatures would be the names of the people who developed it. Signing it "Chucklefish" is not accurate because people join and leave companies, but their impact on the game remains even after they have left - the credits are the artists' signature on the game. The word "Chucklefish" is a brand, and plastering it on the loading screen is intended to generate brand-recognition, it is NOT a signature of the creators.

Biggaveli likes this.
  15. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I'm choking oh my god how do breathe what is air

Friend, do you have any idea what you are talking about?

16. ExoSapien

ExoSapien Title Not Found

ok one...is this really an argument?!

Starheaven07 and wtfkiffer like this.
  17. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

That's like saying it's not Gamefreak that develops the Pokemon games. I'm with Starheaven on this, do you even know what you're talking about?

18. epidemnic

epidemnic Void-Bound Voyager

Still not seeing how this has anything to do with the issue at hand. I realize there's a difference between a game development company and a freelance artist. And perhaps I might agree with you if we weren't talking about an indie company and were instead talking about, oh, Rockstar Games.

Chucklefish is a successful business, yes, but also a small independant developer. The logo at the beginning of the game is the only in-game representation of any of the individuals who made Starbound. It seems a dick move, to me, to remove that from the splashscreen.

It's not like it's an eyesore, and it's like... what, three seconds?

19. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

It's semantics. Chucklefish IS the people who make it up. That's their mark. Chucklefish is not a soulless machine that's merely a vehicle for the people employed by them, you know.

Starheaven07 likes this.
  20. Zaccie

No need to get into a war over wether chucklefishes logo should be in the splash or not, I didn't think at the time.

Uploaded a second version that contains only the main menu mod!