More options to buy things

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GreenWombat, Jun 8, 2016.

1. GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Something I would like to see is the option to buy more types of items. It annoys me slightly that the game forces you in many cases to be self relient rather than being able to focus on what you want your farm to be about and interact with the other people in town for other things.

For example why do I need to raise chickens and cows for eggs and milk? Why can't I just buy that stuff from Marnie after all she runs a ranch of her own.

Why can't I buy foraged goods from Leah, she does forage regularly after all.

Why can't I buy exotic things like bat wings from the adventure guild? Instead I'm forced to go mining otherwise I'm out of luck when it comes to trying to get things like lightning rods to protect my farm.

Or the option to buy fish from Willy. I mean come on he runs a fish shop but he doesn't sell fish (at least not to you).

I just feel like it would make more sense to be able to interact with other members of the town for stuff I need rather than always having to be self reliant for almost everything. Plus it would give more of a feel to the town being a community since it would offer another way to interact with the people. Obviously these kinds of things should be priced accordingly so that those gameplay elements aren't nullified by the option to buy but the option to buy in my opinion should still be available.

ssokolow, ChaosAzeroth and Lilliput like this.
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

This. I've wanted this for a long time. I don't see Leah selling foraged things, she doesn't see the commerce type. But definitely Willy selling fish, Marnie selling milk and eggs... Obviously the rest of the townsfolk are getting them from /someplace/, Pierre must be selling regular groceries to everyone else who doesn't have the option to keep livestock or grow veggies. I really love to cook in the game and right now, getting milk is a serious bottleneck for me, I have to rely on the luck of the traveling cart to occasionally supply me with milk/goat's milk/cheese because I simply do not want a barn and cows. Certainly you'll pay a markup if other characters supply things to you, but that's commerce! (I do think Marnie should only sell regular eggs and milk, not the large ones needed for the bundles, though.) But, yes, please let us buy the normal groceries we don't want to have to produce ourselves!

ssokolow and ChaosAzeroth like this.