More Novakid stuff ?

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Blevruz, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Blevruz

Blevruz Phantasmal Quasar

Hello, I know the Novakids aren't the top priority, but the game is becoming more and more awesome and complex, and it's sad that the novakids aren't tied in it all that much.
    So, here are a few suggestions !
    - Novakid villages: randomly generated village in the novakid style, perhaps with new novakid furniture ? (If I am not mistaken the Novakids are steampunk and "wild west" styled)
    It'd be nice to have them generate in the atmosphere, so that they remain uncanny and special. And asteroid towns are cool.
    - Perhaps a Novakid mission ? Or at least integrate the gasbags a bit more to the general lore. But a Novakid mission would be really awesome
    - More Novakid NPCs, because they are lacking. Simply having one at the outpost would be enough, in my opinion.

Alright, thanks a lot for reading ! If you have other ideas please write them here. I hope the devs will read this...

Akre likes this.
  2. Mango art

Mango art Starship Captain

If I may add to these neat suggestions, we should also give them their own revival animation

Blevruz likes this.
  3. Blevruz

Made a "Proof of concept" novakid town to show the idea. If possible, new Novakid furniture would be great !
    [​IMG]

joybod and TronNinja like this.
  4. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

Well currently as of Lore, Novakids are a rare species, not so much that they're aren't many, but they simply haven't explored enough of the galaxy yet. It would be nice to see a town or two extremely rarely as a asteroid planet dungeon, but for now we'll have to be content with civilians gawking at player Novakids are completely unknown species.

5. Blevruz

The thing is that novakids aren't rare, but merely absent :/
    I agree that their town should be a rare encounter. Hence the idea of putting them in the atmosphere, because it would make it hard to even find them.
    I hope they will do something for the Novakids before 1.0. Even something small, like a single Novakid NPC at the Outpost, would be appreciated.

6. RBWjedi

RBWjedi Space Hobo

I'm sure the developers will add more stuff relating to them in future updates as they were added last and was added if they had pre-purchases of $500,000 (might not be correct).

7. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think they would fit in well in desert planets (given their western basis and the fact they probably like things hot).