More Music + Music Player

Discussion in 'Other' started by Whinelikebears, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Whinelikebears

Whinelikebears Void-Bound Voyager

It'd be nice to get some more music in the game. Kind of get sick of it after awhile. There's pretty much two songs that play on loop and it's driving me crazy.
    Also implementing a music player (I imagine it being like the ones you see in Paradox games) would be quite nice, allowing you to cut to a certain song fit for that moment.
    I believe that music plays an important role in making a great game. That's not to say that Starbound isn't great, but focusing a little more on it's music could make it even better.

2. locketeerian

locketeerian Aquatic Astronaut

I'm not familiar with what Paradox games' music players do, but I agree that sometimes the music system needs some improvements. I love the soundtrack and all that, but the playback can use a few pointers:
    • There could be collectible music disks (which game did this idea come from), which unlocks the ability to select the equivalent track to play while in the environment that it usually plays in.
    • There could be music players that allow music to be played in ships or player stations. Seriously, those places are too quiet!
    • Allow instruments to be placeable and NPCs to randomly pick them up and play, - hopefully the same song in unison!