1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

More Legendaries?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yreid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Yreid

Yreid Void-Bound Voyager

As the title implies, I'm wondering if there are any plans or a possibility to make more legendary/Unique weapons.

I've been loving the new ancient dungeons and I've upgraded pretty much all the legendaries I've collected throught my time playing. But I'm running out of things to upgrade (since most of my legendaries are tier six and can't be upgraded past tier six) and I'm wondering if there will be more legendaries to find/collect then possibly upgrade. Since the dungeon bosses are pretty fun I'll be doing them for a decent while longer but once I've upgraded everything I can and fought all the bosses at least once it will start feel like I don't have a great reason to go through the dungeons anymore (being that I won't have a great deal of progression or accomplishment). Also there is always the prospect of going to different planets and exploring them but I really love end game content like Dungeons, Raids and the like in MMOs. Also I got stuck on one of the bosses (Something that I really wasn't expecting) and it took me a quite a while to figure out how to beat it (The one boss where you need to get it's minions to collide to take down the shield it has), This is something that I love and it's for two reasons:

1) The sense of accomplishment you get from being stuck for a while and then finally putting together the way that you bring down the boss.

2) When after you defeat the boss you get to not only take loot from it! You also get to take your existing loot and improve that even further.

Being able to improve unique weapons is great because when you do eventually upgrade them, you take something that you might have had and maybe never used (because it was too weak/low level when you got it) or even something that you used all the time and then had to switch (because enemies got too strong for it) and you get to make into something that is fun to use and decently strong late game.

TL;DR Dungeons and end game content are cool. I've upgraded a lot of my Unique stuff and am running out of stuff to do and would love to have more uniques/other weapons and items upgrade.

2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Personally, I'd enjoy it if we could craft an entirely new randomly-generated or unique weapon out of pure essence.

3. Yreid

Yreid Void-Bound Voyager

Hell Yeah! I would love that! I would also love if they brought back the random legendaries that you could find. IIRC their names were Star Cleaver, Water Sword and the Eye Sword