Modding Help More interesting dungeons to enrich the world of Starbound!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Beatrice, May 20, 2015.

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven House #13 is a Tavern with rooms and stable.

The house itself.

[​IMG]

The stable right from it.

[​IMG]

Both together, as they belong together. Without furniture.

[​IMG]

Yes, I deleted the basement. Didn't like it. Also, note the little shield on the left.

DragonsForce and Kayuko like this.
  2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven House #14. I call it the "tool maker".

[​IMG]

Also a picture without furniture:

[​IMG]

DragonsForce likes this.
  3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven villages are often covered by a ring of water, used as defence and important basin for cultivating farmables. Also, the villages have a system of canals/channels, serving as source for water, fish and also seperating different districts, mostly those of different prides.

Here three examples for bridges:

[​IMG]

Leeven Village Bridge #1 (already shown) - a very prestigious one in public areas.

[​IMG]

Leeven Village Bridge #2 - small, but idyllic.

[​IMG]

Leeven Village Bridge #3 - this one is made of wood, not of stone.

Bridges may be put between diferent houses to ensure diversity of the different Leeven towns.

DragonsForce likes this.
  4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Some Objects to make a theoretical village more interesting.

Object 1

[​IMG]

Object 2 (just some trees)

[​IMG]

Object 3

[​IMG]

DragonsForce likes this.
  5. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

Soooo many nice things with Vanilla Blocks alone.

Yet, I am still thinking what custom blocks would fit your builds the most...

Though I am sure of a FEW rather dominant details.
    Vines, polished Stone, Sandstone and Wood.

A mix of Pastel colored Rock elements and Darker, accent setting Wooden Elements...
    Blockwise that is.

Furniturewise I'd guess for Silk, Wood and Pottery mostly.
    And every now and then Craftwork of gold and Silver.

Am I correct?[DOUBLEPOST=1437230941][/DOUBLEPOST]I suggest looking at my posts every now and then, I have the bad habit to add details to them...

Beatrice likes this.
  6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, for my own projects, I mostly like to improvise. One thing I really like is to keep the style of the game as good as possible and make the things look like if they could've been there from the start. For eyample, with the Leeven I discovered that Sandstone brick is perfect for mosaics, and I often asked myself why CF itself hadn't the idea to use it for some fancy avian mosaics. The "classical" blocks are - at least for my repertoire - pretty good at the moment, especially when I'm able to paint them.

Still, it depends what I'm going to do. For your project, it may take something different.

In fact, I mostly miss interesting furniture for my ideas. For example, for the Leeven I prefer the unused "classical" furniture, because it's not connected to any race and I don't always want to rob the avian or glitch style to make my creations more unique. Clearly, some Renaissance/Baroque funiture would've been quite handy, or some nice little things like a model ship.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JunosatoRyu

Well, I can see how you like the classic blocks.
    But they mostly charm with a certain Plainness.
    You prefer to work with colors, which is why I am planning a small suprise for you...

Beatrice likes this.
  8. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

For sure, it's also important to know where larger spaces are good. If you make the background interesting enough, you don't have to fit an object in every possible gap ;)

9. JunosatoRyu

It's not much, but I thought I'd make you some Color pallettes to work with in case you would like custom blocks and/or Furniture.
    I kept you a Pastel meets Vibrance Color theme to meet what I saw of your planned race.
    Afterall, what race that does so well in Trades and Riches does not want some more vibrant accents in their life?
    [​IMG]
    From left to right in 1st row it's: Colors for flowers and Foliage, Colors for Woodplanks and furniture, Colors for Rock materials.
    From left to right in 2nd row it's Colors for Irons used for ornaments or details on Furniture, Vibrant colors for Cloth of all kind, And pale and simple colorations for Pottery.[DOUBLEPOST=1437234472][/DOUBLEPOST]A mere color pallette does not appear to be much on 1st glance, but let me tell you, in my own project, people working with random colors all over without coordination became a problem...

...One this little sheet will prevent for you.

Treat the highest color always as a rare to use point of shine, and concentrate on the darker ones.
    Not giving an object more than 3 ~ 4 colors of a shade usually does the trick.[DOUBLEPOST=1437234875][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It depends on what you aim for I'd say.
    In my case the dragonpeople of mine are yret bound by a certain Overpragmatic way of life, but are SLOWLY starting to discover a more Beautifull approach to the lifestyle they have been given.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  10. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

That'S REALLY NICE. Thank you - I'll have a clearer look at it when I have more time, because I think some deliberation seems to be important in that case! :)

11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Here is a video of the whole village of Baz-Ar. Thanks for watching.

12. JunosatoRyu

Good to know I'm not the only person turning my ships into fully overcluttered item dumps...

That aside, you can focus on your mod completely now.
    With my 2nd lead artist and my Main Coder gone, my mod plans are laid to waste.
    I hope I did not cause any inconviniences for you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

That's unfortunate... well, as someone who searches since a year for someone who may mod the Leeven, I made my experiences. I know how you feel! And no, no problem for me, still nice that you also offered your help. :)

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Tiled Penguintower.png

It's really impressive what you can do with Tiled - and it's so easy to use! :)

DragonsForce likes this.