Modding Help More interesting dungeons to enrich the world of Starbound!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Beatrice, May 20, 2015.

1. Chrillzilla

Chrillzilla Big Damn Hero

Good luck on your project. Great job the two of you! I throw myself to the dust in unworthyness :speechless::up:

Beatrice and DragonsForce like this.
  2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

As we talked to design a vilalge first, it has come to my attention that every city needs an entry spot; as we have centers, but no entries, I designed one.

[​IMG]

Here's also an image at day, because you can see the water better.

[​IMG]

I'm going to make a second one, for more diversity. However, this one is also good, because you can use it at both sides of the village.

DragonsForce likes this.
  3. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

\o/ 'am a little busy lately, but those look great (and easy to convert, too). :D

4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

No hurry! I'm doing some more practical builds in the future, meaning that I create them exactly for a generated village. Even if you don't have time, I'm still going to post them here, so you can do it later and know exactly what you have to do! :)

And in the meantime, I'm also going to search for a pixel artist who may design a Leeven race at least for NPC purposes, so that your work won't remain empty for eternity ;)

Chrillzilla and Kayuko like this.
  5. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Here is "House 1", a rather small size; there will be bigger ones, for sure. I made a screenshot without furniture:

[​IMG]

Another with furniture:

[​IMG]

And a third one to make the borders clearer, so you can better see where the entry ends and house 1 begins.

[​IMG]

And as CF likes to cheat: you surely can mirror it, so we have one with the balcony to the left, and a second type with the balcony on the right. I've seen in the files that they have several 1a and 1b types.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Kayuko, Chrillzilla and DragonsForce like this.
  6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Leeven Village House 2:

[​IMG]

With furniture:

[​IMG]

7. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Apparently someone is in building mood lately, huh? :3

8. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, I'm back at home, so I can do something :p. Also trying to get a basic understanding when it comes to dungeons, reading your guide.

9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

As CF likes to create the illusion of diversity by mirroring their buildings, I did something similar. These buildings are more ore less the same with the ones used by the Leeven bridge; however, their interior is different (and also the mosaic). In that case, it will be rather easy to mod this buidling in our collection.

Here is Leeven Village House 3a:

[​IMG]

With furniture:

[​IMG]

Leeven Village House 3b is the mirror of 3a; however, the crops and the mosaics are different.

[​IMG]

And a last screenshot with furniture:

[​IMG]

10. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I can't see any of the pictures for some reason, not here nor in the Republic of SL thread :(

11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Anyone else having these problems?

12. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Ah, working now... No idea why it didn't this morning :/

13. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

When he posted it, yes, I was confused because I saw them earlier.
    But now I'm even more confused because I see them again.
    Where are you hosting them?
    It looks like it's a direct link to your pc, so they vanish when you turn your pc off. o.o

Ghost pictures, woohooooo~

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Could be that the hoster was offline the moment when you looked at them.

15. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Soooo... you're actually german.
    And this site is quite interesting.
    What's it about? Is it an RP-Forum? o:
    (This one)

(Yeah, I ended up stalking the upload url...)

16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

It's an RPG forum, taking place in a fictional italian city state in the Renaissance (however, it's not too serious, with many references to Pop-culture, like Terry Pratchett); my friend is an admin, so I'm allowed to use it to upload my stuff ;)

Seajun_ and Chrillzilla like this.
  17. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Ohh ... o:
    Too bad this sounds too complicated for me.
    Btw I luv Terry Patchett. :3

//off-topic off

18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, to give some examples: there is a university with an Orang-Utan beeing the Chancellor (not Librarian) and a bridge (Brass bridge/Messingbrücke) which connects the center of the Island with the quarter of the upper class, guarded by a guy called Kolon who is sure that this bridge will be kidnapped one day. Nothing too absurd, but still, some interesting details.

However, as you see, I like the Renaissance, its culture and architecture, and because of that, it's logical that I have some ideas for buildings and villages going in that direction. It all sticks together. Especially because Palatina is a fictional city with various references to existing italian cities and italian history. And certainly, I took some... inspirations from there. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1434635748][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, like I stated before, I was raised bilingual; I'm Italian and German, to be correct. :)

... and to get back to topic, here is another bridge; beside houses, decorative objects are important to bring more diversity. The contrast between lifeless desert, water and green leafes makes that village so interesting. More (smaller) village bridges will follow.

[​IMG]

Once again, the limits:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Chrillzilla, DragonsForce and Kayuko like this.
  19. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Here is Leeven Village House #4:

[​IMG]

With furniture:

[​IMG]

And the limits, just to clarify:

[​IMG]

This is the first of a row of "shop"-themed houses. As you may guess, this is a shop for clothes/a tailor.[/spoiler]

Kayuko likes this.
  20. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

We'll see Leeven Village House #5; this merchant is specialized on armour and weapons.

[​IMG]

With furniture:

[​IMG]

I just want to add that I'm back home since Sunday and have some free time and many ideas; I only want to get the "plans" done, don't feel pushed!

DragonsForce and Seajun_ like this.