More interactions with your pet/horse and upgrade.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rockmega, Jul 20, 2016.

1. rockmega

rockmega Void-Bound Voyager

Howdy all, hope you're all doing fine! :)

In my opinion, the horse and pet as they are right now could use a bit of tweaking when it comes to how you interact with them and how useful they can become.

As far as i know you can't really interact with your horse other than getting on them to ride them around the town and dismounting, it would be nice to at least have an option to feed them something to increase affection over time, and maybe the more affection you have the more slightly faster it can run, or maybe if anyone has any more suggestions as to how your horse could improve, go ahead and post!

As for the pet, i would've loved to be able to play games with them, as simple as tossing an object and letting them fetch it or hold out a stick or something of the sort so they can run after you. Now with the pet, i don't know what kind of useful things they could do for you if you max out their affection, but again, if anyone has any suggestions go right on ahead!

You could even create competitions about your affection with either your horse or pet.

There's also something i wish you could upgrade the horse with and that's a saddle bag, so you can store items you forage/mine on the go, granted your backpack space can become quite big, but you can never have enough, imo.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Your ideas for the horse are good ones, I would like more interaction with mine as well. I would love if we could have more than just one too, maybe keep a stable with horses in it the way we do with the other livestock and possibly do some training or breed for different colors.

• SpaceRobo

SpaceRobo Phantasmal Quasar

Ideas for horse:
        -Horse Racing Festival Minigame with prizes (Possibly a Stardrop Berry)
        -Feeding it hay/apples/carrots once per day for affection( not a must)
        -Having a pet brush to brush it daily for affection
        -A whistle/bell to make it come to you.
        -Having a shipping bag on top of it for mobile shipping
        -Buying and replacing saddles(Unlocked options are by gaining achievements/more affection with horse/winning contets)
        -Giving it a mane trim
        -Buying a magic potion from the wizard which can change the horse's color or even make it into an unicorn!(?)

Ideas for pet:
        -Function as a scarecrow and scare off crop eating pests.
        -Making it so you could walk it around and show it to the villagers to get their reaction about it
        -Maybe even letting Alex's dog play with yours?(If you have a dog)
        -Letting you switch between dog and cat, perhaps? Or maybe even get both?
        -Renaming option, please...
        -Max Affection Pet might eventually trigger an event where it has found a Stardrop Berry and could grant it to you?
        -Letting it interact with your spouse and children.
        -Scare off other annoying pests that can be added to the game such as jackals or foxes that come to eat your animals.
        -Teaching it how to do various tricks?
        -While walking it, having an option where it might find items such as berries
        -Buying a magic potion from the wizard which can change the pet's color/species.
        -Buyable Collar Variations(Unlocked options are by gaining achievements/more affection with pet/winning contests)

(Some ideas are inspired from HM)

Yoseiri, Teleute and LuthienNightwolf like this.