RELEASED More Hair (Updated 4/24)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by pencilstab, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I was inspired to do my own hair style (the one I wear daily) by seeing your beautiful work! I didn't know how to add new styles, so I replaced the Sailormoon inspired one. Problem is, now there is a grey line where the eyelash/black should be. Any idea what's causing it, since you worked on hair? I posted this on another thread, but I realized you've worked with the hair, so you might know.

This picture is hilarious. She looks so disappointed at the onlooker.

Attached Files:

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I'd check your hairstyle file for those grey lines, if thats not the issue then I'm not sure what is.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Can I use these to change my current hair on pc? Or is it just when I start the game and can later edit pc at wizards house?

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm glad you were inspired! I'm not sure why there is a gray line; there shouldn't be, given the Sailor Moon hair lacks it, so it is probably something in the PNG file. Try making a background layer and filling it with lime green and see if you can find anything. If it's not the hair, then check your base character file

You would have to edit the png file of the hair and replace it with whichever hair your current farmer is wearing, or yes, just wait until you befriend Wizard and change it there :)

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Looks like it's one of the Accessories when you first start the game. I think they're intended to look like partial-frame glasses, or maybe old man eyebrows, but it kinda looks bad.

Anyway, it may be that you accidentally chose that upon character creation, but didn't see it when you scrolled through the accessories because it was hidden by hair/bangs. Worry not, though! There is a way to change/remove accessories. I'll put it in a spoiler tag in case someone doesn't want to see;
            Get to four hearts of friendship with the Wizard, and you'll be able to go down the hatch he has in his back room, and for a sacrifice of 500 gold to the alter, you can change your entire appearance. Make sure to have any hats removed first, or else it may obstruct your view of the changes.

• Royalyspooky

Royalyspooky Phantasmal Quasar

• Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

I like that idea

Requesting Linkle Hairs if possible (im playing the char in stardew would be nice to have the hair :))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zevrix and Royalyspooky like this.
              • Royalyspooky

Royalyspooky Phantasmal Quasar

I like the way you think, maybe Linkle's hair without braids as well for a cute short unisex hairstyle.

• MariahDawn

MariahDawn Orbital Explorer

Hmmm, could I request this as attached file as a hair style? It is a form from a game i am making, but i think people would enjoy the hair style it has >w< Mariah EX.jpg

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

OK hopefully I can change it now. I'm wanting some blue hair Lol I'm new to adding mods sobfar just changed farm animals to Pokemon and made fishing easier. Is this just as simple as that?

• Cluds

Cluds Space Hobo

is there a way you could add a dark brown to the 4th hairstyle for men? like in the front sorta bangs?

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you both so much! It turned out to be one of the accessories and I never thought of it!
                        Also, is there may I ask how to add it to the list of hairstyles? I want to put mine up in case anyone wants extra pigtail options and I don't want to use your hair sheet with out permission (Though may if it's alright with you, I'd love to link back here so other people see more options :D)

• pencilstab

I'm very new to modding myself (this is my first mod, tbh), haha, but to my experience, yes, that does seem to be about the jist of it! Just make sure you have the files that you started with, like the .yaml file with the .png file, but that's about it.

• pencilstab

You would have to expand the png file and line it up with the rest of the hair!

And I'm sorry, but I'm not fully comfortable with my mod being reposted elsewhere :(

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Alright I'll give that a shot!

Oh, I meant I would link to this page so other people would see it, a "check this awesome person out" link, not post the mod at all. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                              • pencilstab

The dimensions for each hair is (pretty sure about this, anyway) 16x32, if that's any help

And oh, yes :eek: That's fine, sorry about that!

• cera12sim

cera12sim Subatomic Cosmonaut

I cant put hats on my spiral curls :< it just makes the hairstyle short i can put bows on but not hats like the strawhat

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, that's a known issue it seems. All the added hairstyles turn into a short hairstyle under hats, but specific existing hairstyles don't change under hats... it's weird, not sure what causes it, as I've already looked into it myself.

• taffybeans

taffybeans Poptop Tamer

also the shaggy hair on the sides look weird

fdg21 likes this.
                                      • AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope there's a hair set with eye obscuring bangs for evil characters. then all i'd need would be an outfit that looked like J-horror.