RELEASED More Hair (Updated 4/24)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by pencilstab, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Oh! So you can change hair style if you befriend the wizard? Awesome. I'll be doing that since I got the mod to not have friendship decay.

• Lunumi

Lunumi Astral Cartographer

I love the second hairstyle( long hair)! Thank you so much. I hope you'll make more in the future : )

• LinkOfStardewValley

LinkOfStardewValley Space Spelunker

Love this mod!

I wanted to create myself at first but there wasn't a hairstyle that matched. Now I can!

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

Yup, can fix! Could you tell me which hair it was, so that I can adjust it?

• Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way i can wear a gnome's hat and still use your hair? The thing is when wearing some hats the hair gets changed :wut: (i really like your work here and i hope you create much more!)

• pencilstab

The mod replaces only one file, so I'm not completely sure why the hats mess with things, sorry :( If you could maybe show me a screenshot of what you're referring to?

• Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646481878

The game replaces your hair (im using your long hairs atm) when wearing this hat thats what i mean and if its possible to wear the hat without getting my hairs changed (i want to keep your long hairs while wearing that gnome's hat)

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's entirely to do with the hat. It looks like person who made that mod included the hair with the hat. So unless they edit the mod to ONLY be the hat and not affect your hair then you won't be able to use that hat with any hair, never mind the hair in this mod?

I have hat mods installed myself (not that one) and none of them replace the hair. All these hairs and base hairs work fine with the hats.

pencilstab likes this.
                  • Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
                  • Meevers

Does your hair constantly revert back to the pony tail when wearing that hat no matter what hair you have? If so, then the hat changes the hair.

• Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

yes its the hat :p the hat changes the hairs

• pencilstab

The hats are an individual .xnb file, completely separate from hairstyles; I checked out the .png version of the hats and they don't have any additional hairs added to them, at least not by the base game. I'm not sure why the hair is changing, sorry, but the hair mod shouldn't be affected by hats

• Meevers

Seems like the hat itself is coded to change the hair then. If you're wearing the hat and go to change your appearance, does the hair remain the ponytail? All the other hats work fine with any/all hairs. So it's not actually anything to do with this mod or anything. Maybe try making a request in the main mods section? Perhaps someone can figure out what causes the hair to change to the pony tail and edit it for you.

• Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

Ok again :p what i meaned was mod hat.xnb search for gnome's hat and add your hairs (seen on my screenshot "without hat") to the gnome's hat so your hairs are visible while wearing the gnome's hat (and not the short hair you see in the "with hat screenshot") im very sorry for this confusion here :oops:

• Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

I only wear this ponytail hairs when wearing the hat yes thats why i asked pencil if she can create another mod so it was like a mod request here if this is somehow not possible to create atm it's np ;)

Thats what i mean [​IMG] (i got bad photoshop skills! :p)

Pencil if its possible for you to create something like this please i would really be thankfull since they are your hairs im asking you here if not and you only want to focus on the hairs im fine with that :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
                              • pencilstab

I'm sorry, I don't think that will be possible given I'd have to recolor the hair in the .xnb file for it to not just be gray, since the hats are a separate file from the hairstyles, and thus don't rely on tints for coloring...

Rythm likes this.
                                • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

So I'm having the same issue as Rythm where the long hairstyle she has (pencilstab's hairstyle 27) changes to a different style (hairstyle 31, by the looks of it), except I'm using the Trucker Hat. I decided to do some sleuthing through the files, and there's a "hats.xnb" within the Data file, which contains the name of all the hats, their descriptions, etc, but nothing on why it's changing the hair style underneath. I figure it must be hard coded to "change" that specific hairstyle when wearing certain hats, because there doesn't seem to be anything within the .xnb's telling it to do that. Real bummer.

EDIT: I just noticed that the mod now adds hair, rather than replacing. Will test with this new version.

EDIT 2: Nope, the hair still defaults to style 31 under every hat that I own that is "hat-like", but it doesn't when you wear an "accessory-like" hat, like a bow. Really not sure why it does that, a bit frustrating too, as it doesn't really make sense for the hair to change shape AND length when wearing a hat.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
                                    Rythm likes this.
                                  • Venoshock

Venoshock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wow i'm so sorry for the late reply (was away for a while). sorry for the tiny size it's this:
                                    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
                                    • Rythm

Rythm Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for looking into this :)

• jedikitty

jedikitty Aquatic Astronaut

So excited to try this out ! Time to befriend the Wizard asap. :D I especially like the first and third styles.