RELEASED More Grass Starters 1.0.4

More grass starters, for decorating.

1. spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

spacechase0 submitted a new mod:

More Grass Starters - More grass starters, for decorating.

Read more about this mod...

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • spacechase0

• hpcat

hpcat Void-Bound Voyager

When I try and use the mod SMAPI says I need another mod to use this?

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

Do you have the PyTK mentioned in the post right above yours? If not here is the link. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1726

And just to make sure you understand... these starters do not replace the grass you grow and cut for your animals. These starters are for decorative use only. As stated on spacechase0's nexus mod download page and his initial post here. The reason I stress that is because many people seem to overlook that small statement.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
        • hpcat

hpcat Void-Bound Voyager

When I click the link in that post it just brings me to the grass download page so i was getting confused, and yes I know its for decoration only that's why I want it, so I can make my farm all nice I have odd empty patches here and there and the default grass just doesn't look that good to me.
          Thank you very much for helping!!!

DragonDreads likes this.
          • spacechase0

• spacechase0

• spacechase0

• ducttape

ducttape Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!
            I seem to be having problems with this mod after the 1.4 update. I've downloaded the latest version, and SMAPI indicates that it should be working properly, but the grass on my farm has disappeared. Where it was, there are now invisible barriers that I cannot remove. I don't know why this might be happening, and would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to give. Thank you for your time.

Here is my SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io/NQxUg6YU
            I do not have screenshots, because the problem is invisible.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@ducttape It may be a conflict between More Grass Starters and Garden Grass, since they're both editing the same files - the log doesn't show any conflicts, but the site is having problems atm. Try uninstalling either one of those 2 and see if that fixes your problem.

• ducttape

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue. I tried removing each individually, as well as both at one time, and the invisible grass barrier is still there.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@ducttape Does it happen if you start a brand new farm with this map? Does it happen if you start a new farm on a different map? Those 2 mods are the only things that seem to touch grass..

• ducttape

It doesn't happen initially; when I plant the starters, they work fine. After saving, closing, and reopening the game, though, they have turned invisible and cannot be moved through or removed by any means I've found.

• Aftcrest

Aftcrest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What happens is the grass starters have a chance to turn into corrupted tree sapplings. They'll eventually turn into trees with weird graphics. You can cut them down for wood and sap. Here's a album with a series of comparison images. https://imgur.com/a/9pVV6TG (I had planted 2 lines of the dull green and red grass. Forgot to screenshot that the day prior)

I have Aggressive Acorns mod to grow trees faster, but they grow way too fast for even that mod is setup. These weird trees grow in two stages instead of 5.

Edit: it seems that it may be limited to just the grass starter placed down. So far I haven't seen any offshoots transform into the corrupted sapplings.

Edit 2: If I had to guess, the custom grass starters when placed down are being treated as tree seeds, and that is what is causing the problem.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
                      • ducttape

Thank you so, so much! I'm very impressed that you figured that out, I don't think I ever would have! Fortunately (or, more accurately, unfortunately), the save that got messed up from this got erased during a recent, frenzied switch from Windows to Linux, so I'm not encountering the problem anymore, lol. Thank you so much for figuring it out, though!