More friendship/romance building options

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GreenWombat, Apr 7, 2016.

1. GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I love the game but the social side is easily the weakest part overall. It basically comes down to grinding out friendship points through repetitive conversations and making sure to give a couple gifts a week until you finally get a heart event to get some actual content to it.

Some ideas I had for how this could be improved:

1. Dates/hang out- give the option to maybe once a week ask someone to hang out with you. During this they could follow you to a location and join in on certain activities and different characters could have different favorite places to go.

2. Gift cooldown- make it so that giving someone the same gift repeatedly will have a diminishing return so that you aren't just burying them in one thing until they love you.

3. Relationship aspects to festivals- have side activities at festivals that you can do with other people such as maybe building a snowman together or having snowball fight during the ice fishing festival.

Basically just generally more stuff to do with the people in the town to make it feel more like your interacting with them rather than just checking off a to do list.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Snowball fight event during the festival...oh the lols that could be had... :rofl:

• cuddle2ol

cuddle2ol Space Hobo

This idea is especially appealing considering how boring all the events get after you've seen them once.

• The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I like all those ideas. I'd also like to see a considerable increase in the variety of dialog written for each NPC, and perhaps the ability to form primitive clubs, where just a few people meet afterhours in Pierre's spacious living area (where the women exercise by day) to choose one of several community tasks to perform at a specific date/time: pick up litter on the beach, remove forage north of the town, etc.