RELEASED More Crops, Unofficial Continuation

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TenkoKuugen, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Pretty much yeah, it is not impossible, but it is difficult enough that it takes at least a dedicated SMAPI mod to implement the crop behavior, since SDV itself currently uses a hardcoded mechanic for how the mixed seeds work, it might even take a Farmhand mod if the code is packed away deep enough. (I have not spend enough time trying to pry my way into that bit of code to know for certain, as I have never had a need to)

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it possible to make new crops eatable (edible?) and add new cooking recipes with them??

Editing only xnb files?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Edible, yes, cookable, no.

• Sable19

Sable19 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there. Was looking for some help. I have this installed and I know the crops are in the game because they show up in the item spawner I have. But when I go to talk to Pierre to buy them, they don't show up. Am I supposed to be getting them somewhere else? I'm at the first day of spring on the 3rd year. I have the shop mod installed correctly as well, as I can buy bulk amounts of the normal seeds at Pierre's shop. Thank you!

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

You have to have Entoarox's shop expander mod installed. And almost all of the new crops are unlocked when certain events happen ingame. (Season change, earthquake, etc etc)

• LibraryLass

LibraryLass Subatomic Cosmonaut

With that said I might be willing to do some sprites for additional content if anyone has requests.

Edit: That's might be, I'm not promising yet.

• Sable19

I have the shop expander mod installed, and as I said I'm on the first day of spring in year three. I'm married, house fully upgraded, have the keys. For example, the coffee seed only becomes available in spring of year 3 when married with the biggest house. I have filled all of these requirements.

Again, I can get the seeds via the item spawner but not in the shop. So I just want to know why they aren't showing up in the shop.

Edit: I also want to say I installed this in winter and it changed over to spring the last time I played, but the new crops didn't show up.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

How do you use the coffee grains that you get from the coffee seeds? I never figured it out.

• stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait what? You can create the recipes to cook them and add them to the TV using xnb only. Unless the TV is actually hard coded and won't use additions?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I just had a deep look through all the involved code, and you are correct, you could add recipes that the TV will then share, if it wasnt for 1 major issue: The code CA uses to select recipes only accepts 32 (or 2 full years) of recipes.
                      So if you want to add more recipes, you need a alternative way of teaching them to people, and you will need a SMAPI mod for that.

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If they don't show up in the shop... did you actually override the shop extender config with the one I supply with this mod? you can open the config file and check if the last 6 entries are this (that's just the last 6 of the numerous entries I made, I didn't wanna quote the whole thing)

{
                        "Owner": "Pierre",
                        "Item": 846,
                        "Amount": 1,
                        "Conditions": "year>2,clubMember"
                        },
                        {
                        "Item": 848,
                        "Conditions": "rustyKey"
                        },
                        {
                        "Item": 856,
                        "Conditions": "rustyKey"
                        },
                        {
                        "Item": 858,
                        "Conditions": "year>1,married"
                        },
                        {
                        "Item": 860,
                        "Conditions": "year>2,married"
                        },
                        {
                        "Item": 861,
                        "Conditions": "year>2,houselevel=3,married"
                        }

• TenkoKuugen

You don't. They're just for selling. You make coffee with coffee beans and a keg.

• Sable19

I thought I had. But replacing it again has corrected the issue. Thank you so much!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Actually, the TV is only one avenue for learning cooking recipes.
                              You can still send them through the mail, or to be learned at a certain skill level like other recipes are.
                              So making the new crops edible, and cookable is perfectly feasible with XNBs alone.

The only real issue you'll encounter is remembering to make new sprites for the cooked dishes you create.
                              But, that's a separate, and minor issue.

Aveloren likes this.
                              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You can add more recipes that can be learned through mail, but you'd still need to adjust it so more mails are send to unlock those extra recipes.
                                I also checked the level-up code, and you can indeed add more cooking recipes through that.

But the TV as was asked about, still wont accept more then 32 total recipes, and it has the whole set of 32 by default......

• Minaev919

Minaev919 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, hey, it's me again with another issue. I have a problem like Sable19, but my config file looks okay. What shold I do now? Btw, I have the shop extender mod installed.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log, just cause you think its the same problem doesnt mean it is.

• Minaev919

Minaev919 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well, I only ment that the items don't show up in the shop. I dont't know why exactly.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

*LOOOOOOOOOOOG*

• TenkoKuugen

Like Ento said, post your error log
                                          I can't magically diagnose errors without it