RELEASED More Crops Mod + Even More Crops Mod( Updated 20 / 04 )

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Killerbotto, Mar 28, 2016.

?

What would you like to see next?

1. More Crops

39.4%
  2. More Trees

22.8%
  3. More Fish

20.1%
  4. More Flowers

17.6%
  1. Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

I might be, gradually. At the very least I am doing the bananas and respective tree. There's a good chance I'll do more when I'm done with that.

Superior_s and taintedwheat like this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Forsure! Cuz like, the pepper is way big when I saw the screenshot I thought it was a pumpkin (also whoah you'll be consistently in all my mods :p)

Superior_s likes this.
      • Syzxpkq

Syzxpkq And Do the MONKEY!

And I find it confusing that there's a rename step(the cropsSprite.xnb). Why not just rename it before unzip and I can simply cover the old files? Is there any special reason?

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I think it's something he's changing with the next update, also never overwrite your original files unless you've made a backup of them. People are constantly on here asking people for the files that they've overwritten. Always make backups. -Rant over-

taintedwheat likes this.
          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Or, they could do the obvious and restore the game to get the original xnb's.... (Steam at least lets you do that, idk about GoG galaxy)

Superior_s likes this.
            • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Yes they could but it becomes time consuming after awhile, also wouldn't that remove all modified xnb files? If so it would just be smarter to make backups so you don't potentially have to retrack down all of the xnb mods you were using, but this is getting off topic.

taintedwheat likes this.
              • Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

Does this mod work with the scythe harvest mod?

• Syzxpkq

It's me again.:nuruhappy:I'm here to tell you that the present income of growing ores is too low. Maybe you should change the amount of each ore-crop. I planted 30 iron ores into soil and watered them everyday, only to get 55 iron ores when I harvest them. You know, I can simply get that much iron in one day by exploring the caves. Then I can't see any reason to plant the ores into soil.
                  And also, the ores I harvest have different qualities, which means they can't be melted together.
                  [​IMG]
                  (I have 6 iridium ores and I can't make a single bar, lol)
                  So you can tell how inefficient it is to grow those ores...

• Killerbotto

Killerbotto Orbital Explorer

What files does this mod overwrites??
                    Hello! Maybe i was too afraid of making the income ores too big that i made them too low lol. I will increase the income in the next update!! You cant smelt them together? Way in thr past before posting the mod I remember testing it with copper... I will test it out with the others ores too and if it is the case i will have to increase the ore output further to counter that!

• Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

Double increase in iron is i think a big enough increase for first harvest, i wouldnt increase that rate

• Syzxpkq

Actually planting crops in this game is greatly encouraged, for example, simply growing a 5*5 tiles blueberries makes more than 800g/day. So it's obvious that if growing ores gives so little in return, then I'd rather grow something else, or just go to caves for ores, which can provide more than 100 iron ores in a single day.:nurushock:

• dem0z

dem0z Star Wrangler

Whenever i try to go and plant lettuce my game just crashes to desktop :(

edit: if i try to plant anything i bought (new crops i mean) from pierre's i just insta crash it seems.
                          i am using SMAPI 39.7 and game version 1.07.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
                          • SeleneLanthan

SeleneLanthan Void-Bound Voyager

I got some problems with seeds too. In my case however, they were named as "unknown seed". I replaced the files a second time, then it worked but since i changed the SMAPI to a higher version i got the problems once again... Not excatly sure why...

• Killerbotto

I will do some tests to improvd the ore output. Not like a industrial miner of one person lol.
                              Maybe is the newest SMAPI build, one version older might work. I will make tests when i get the opportunity, and post the results! :)

Superior_s likes this.
                              • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Need more...NUTS C:

• AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe I skimmed past it by mistake, but;

Is there any information listed for their price, grow time, harvests per seed (if any regrow), and sell price?

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Pretty sure no, there isn't.

• Killerbotto

You mean a nut tree?
                                      Will attach a file with these information on the next update, you can count on it!!

AngryCat and Superior_s like this.
                                      • Alina_Mau

Alina_Mau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Killerboto you're such a sweetheart! Your dedication and enthusiasm for this project is amazing <3

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

You're killing me man, I already had a full orchard with a selection including your trees... now you're saying you're making more??? I'm loving this mod, btw.

A couple of questions for you:

1- Will you do rice, sugarcanes and coffee? I'm think this would be awesome considering you could, along with Igoirous' machine mods pretty much do away completely with having to necessarily buy these supplies from Pierre if you can make them.

2- Will you create new recipes based on your new produce? I suggested coffee, because that's one right there - you can brew your own with that. But I'm thinking tons more, namely desserts, salads. You have almost a full page free on the stove menu for this stuff, perhaps even multi-tiered recipes like Complete Breakfast. I see your bacon tree and something else added a couple of them there, so it's possible, right? Or was this taken straight from vanilla code?

Thank you so much for this, this is making my second year so much more interesting than just a single new crop every season. It's like a treasure trove of farmable goodies. :p