RELEASED More Crops Mod + Even More Crops Mod( Updated 20 / 04 )

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Killerbotto, Mar 28, 2016.

?

What would you like to see next?

1. More Crops

39.4%
  2. More Trees

22.8%
  3. More Fish

20.1%
  4. More Flowers

17.6%
  1. krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

so if i run the mod and plant a.. lets say a banana tree. and then i run the game without mods.. but there will be a banana tree in the game. will it stay? or will the game crash? <--- nvm this. just say i still need to overwrite some files. just to buy the crops i need the mod. nice job!

but still this questions: can i buy the new added crops in the shop all seasons long? cause if you have a greenhouse, you dont need to wait for seasons to plant crops. .- i cant test it right now, thats why im asking.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Absolutely! That's why I posted it here. :up: I'm making decent progress on a tree for it as well. The files for them are in Tilesheets, under the name fruitTrees.

• Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

I would be interested in all of it lol :D, I just find learning with examples more easy

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Hey, just wanted to mention that apparently Welcome to the Rice Fields has been abandoned. So is there any chance of seeing rice and maybe cotton added to this mod?

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Yea, it's kind of sad, but it would be cool if all his stuff was added to this.

Ciriun likes this.
            • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

some bug report: red pepper seeds and gold seeds. it says only in fall. it is fall right now. i cant plant them. i didnt plant any lettuce, but it still says summer. someone said it can be planted in spring (you said you fixed it, but its still not fixed. maybe you fixed it for "more crops" i dont know. im using the "even more crops version" and its not fixed)

edit: another bug?: i can still buy coal seeds although its fall. (iron, lettuce and beef seeds properly disappeared from shop when fall came)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
              • Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

Have you though about writing your own plant all in all seasons with yours and the in game ones? I would drop the other in a heart beat to use yours

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

iridium sapling grows when 8 tiles are empty "and inside the greenhouse"? does that mean it only grows and bears fruits inside greenhouse?

• Killerbotto

Killerbotto Orbital Explorer

If you do this test it will problably end up with a invisible plant, or a sprite error. Most os the seeds are in the shop for their season only, the shop menu would be flooded with seeds , and really difficult to find a specific one, or see every single one to decide what to plant.
                    Thank you really much for it!! It will be added on the next update!! That is grwat news!! Really excitet to see it! Your work is beautifull!!
                    All of the files available for donwload are all the mod files with its code, you just need to convert it to other extension than .xnb
                    Of course!! I was planning to add it soon, i will download the mod, look what it adds, and add it to this mod!! Excellent idea!!
                    The lettuce seed was fixed in the code, it wss supposed to be plantef in summer like the description says, if you have the chance to test it, please post the results!! Have you tried to plant gold and red pepper in the greenhouse?? ( just trying to spot the error in the code). I added coal seeds to all season so it can be planted in the greenhouse when needed, becuase the ore production is yearlong and coal is needed all the time, althought when off season the crops outside will die.
                    I tought carefully about this for some days now, it is really simple to allow crops to grow in spring summer and fall, but in winter is no joke. As I see much of the fun of the game is thinking it out what crops to plant that season, if I allowed all crops all seasons, it would get really repetitive. But of you want it so bad i can send you a particular version of the mod allowing crops to grow.
                    That is the idea. Only inside the greenhouse to make it more special, the 8 tiles are jusy likd the other teees. If you enconter any bugs, please let me know at first!! Thank you for installing the mod!!

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

it would be nice to have...but you seem a bit put out so I will pass and just not have this mod which is a nice one btw...but thanks anyways...

• Doomnik

Doomnik Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think this is meant to happen?
                        http://puu.sh/o6ktv/00904d5541.png

I installed the Even More Crops mod and followed the steps carefully...

EDIT: Nvm I accidentally also replaced springobjects in the main content folder.

That brings me to a suggestion: Arrange the Rar file so that people will just have to drag all designated folders into their content folder and it will be done like that. No need to rename or to find folders that way.

EDIT 2.0: For the Even More Crops mod a few seeds and saplings show up twice.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
                        • Isaiahjm17

Isaiahjm17 Void-Bound Voyager

Would you consider adding in a feature that allows you to grow all crops in any season? (or even adding it as another version)?

• Killerbotto

I`m really fine doing it, it would be my pleasure! Do you want the current build, or you want me to send you the next build? ( i will send in the same day i release the update). Also do you want me to attach it to a mesaage here, or do you prefer by email??
                            That is a very good suggestion, and will work on it to be released as soon as possible. This week, I ` a little busy, so progress in the mod will be really slow, or nothing, but in the weekend i will work really hard to release a substantial update as faster as possible! How they are showing up twice? In the inventory, in the shop, on the ground??
                            Keeping 3 verions of the same mod is a little offhand, but I can do the same thst I will do to Tassi, and it brings up the same questions.

Superior_s likes this.
                            • Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

I would love your next build and if you dont want others that use the plant all seasons just let me know and I will give you email other wise here is fine this will be for all plants in game already and yours right? hehe see lots use that one mod sorry to say

• Killerbotto

That is totally fine! I am in no position, and neither i want to deny any kind of content!! In reality i didnt realize how many people use that mod! It will be hard? Yes it will! Am I lazy? Yes! Will i have 3 versions of the same mod?? Yes starting next build!! I will try my best to make it possible to plant all seeds (vanilla + mod) able to plant all seasons!!

taintedwheat and Superior_s like this.
                                • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Superior_s likes this.
                                • Killerbotto

Superior_s likes this.
                                • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

This is awesome!

And I know, I know, @Ciriun he was replying further down the page, so I reposted about hoping it wouldn't be overlooked.

taintedwheat likes this.
                                  • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Heyo, are you revamping all the sprites for this mod too?

@Killerbotto you seem really sweet.