1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More CrittersNScenery 2.0 official release

Adds new scenery and 170+ new catchable critters to various biomes

1. ThunderBird123

ThunderBird123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

ThunderBird123 updated More CrittersNScenery with a new update entry:

No more tanks, stuffed critters instead!

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

*gasp* Compatible with YSC now? :D Can others confirm?

3. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

What is YSC?

4. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

Your Starbound Crew. It also offers critter-catching, so the two mods were not compatible for a while.

5. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

Error in current scorched and savannah biome patch files causes instant teleport back to ship (from affected planets); as the two files refer to uncommonarmadillocritter, while the relevant spawner reference is named uncommonarmadillo.

6. ThunderBird123

green3y3 likes this.
  7. FXBoost

FXBoost Aquatic Astronaut

Would there be any way to put them into enclosures now that they come as plushes? I've looked but have found no option or item to do so yet. I may be missing something but i'd like to be sure

8. ThunderBird123

ThunderBird123 updated More CrittersNScenery with a new update entry:

TEMMIES!

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 Pangalactic Porcupine

I added the mod, played with it for a while, built a homeworld, etc. but now I would like to play mp with my friend who does not have enough ram to run this mod with all the others. Does anyone here know of a way I can either
    a) manually edit the creatures out of the world saves (delete their data) or
    b) change the mod so that creatures despawn as they load up (change their lua/spawning behavior)?
    I've had no luck with either of these so far :/

10. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

You forgot
    c) get a new and better friend

Seriously.. Not enough RAM for something like this? WTF. This mod would be more important to me than a friend with not enough RAM, to not being able to play with me, not even kidding.

11. ThunderBird123

12. Sandling

Sandling Subatomic Cosmonaut

Eyoo! just wanted to chip in that the FrackinUniverse folder is giving an error - perhaps because it had to change too for the new update? (I am running the updated Freckin as well btw)

13. ImNotBlu

ImNotBlu Void-Bound Voyager

What error do you get? I'm getting failed to load sulfur biome

14. Sandling

Sandling Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello there, providing some help while I was trying to locate the error for the FreckinUniverse critter folder:

[Code Red Script error]

- one Bracket too many at the bottom of the sulphuricmagma (Or Sulphuricplane, I forgot to write it down in time) biome patch.

[JSon errors]

- Estuary & Parkinglot biome do not have a spawnProfile (Json error when trying to add a patch to it) - Hence, the biome.patch files for them are irrelevant currently and spit out Json errors.

[Typos]

- mountainious needs to be mountainous
    - flowerforest.biomepatch.patch has the word patch right behind biome
    - goreforestbiome.patch needs a . between forest and biome

15. 85Atla55

85Atla55 Orbital Explorer

Iv'e downloaded the mod, but I can't get it to work. Is it possible for you to add a readme.txt file or add some directions on how to download and install it properly? If so, it would help a lot.

16. ThunderBird123

17. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are there plans for an 'immersive' version that removes the Final Fantasy characters? I'd be fine with Temmie because she fits the art style more.

18. Koobertz

Koobertz Void-Bound Voyager

So do i just install this by putting it into the mod folder or another place?

19. ThunderBird123

Yes, you just put it in Starbound's mod folder. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory, but apparently it isn't, so there's a readme now. I can't make it any simpler.

Also, I'm not making an immersive version. The characters from other games hardly EVER spawn. And if they do seem to be spawning too frequently, then I can reduce the spawn rate for them further. They're just fun cameos that hardly ever appear (throughout all the hours and hours I've played on the surface, I've only seen Final Fantasy characters spawn a few times, which I don't consider to be immersion breaking, because most of the time I never see them at all.) Now that I think about it, I might add even more characters from other games, and then create a version where there are goombas, koopas, blue hedgehogs, chocobos, and TEMMIES everywhere!

If you want to be picky, you can always look in the critter mod folder, then the biome folder, and inside is a bunch of biome patch files with the critter spawns in them. All you have to do is simply open them with text editing software and delete the critters you don't want (be sure the last critter in the list doesn't have a comma, while the others do.)
    Remember, all the mod's assets are free to use; you can make your own version. I don't mind. I could even add your version in as a separate module, if you want.

20. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi,
    I have some errors using the latest version on glad giraffe:
    Code:
    Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Folder <../giraffe_storage/mods\!0_More FrackinUniverse Critters!\.>.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'spawnProfile' in pathApply("/spawnProfile/groups/-")