More Content Please! +Suggestions (Warning: Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Other' started by BrendanatorX, Jan 3, 2017.

?

Do you find this post somewhat agreeable?

1. Yes, please add stuff to the game!

80.0%
  2. No, the game is fine as it is.

20.0%
  1. BrendanatorX

BrendanatorX Void-Bound Voyager

WARNING: SPOILERS FOLLOW

Starbound took me at least a few days to complete, quests were solid fun and while I am continueing still just to upgrade my weapons and get codex entries, I feel that the game should not be over yet, it ended too soon.

So I have prepared a few suggestions to rectify this and make the game something.. greater.

I feel that while the Protectorate was mainly based on Earth as a HQ, there should be randomly placed/generated Protectorate citadels on other planets OR a new Protectorate HQ declared on another planet where the player gains access to teleport to a bit into the quest.

Reason being, Esther Bright uses her connections whilst you are getting the Floran or Hylotl artifacts to create a new Protectorate where seeing your skill, you are made the new Grand Protector. I feel that this would create some story inbetween quests for those who are interested, make the player feel like less of a pawn, create a place where players can find more stores and npc quests and lead to the elongation of the game.

Some survivors of Earth's destruction, the lucky few who escaped might create their own camps on planets where they end up or there could be a bunch holing up in a med bay at The Outpost or in new Protectorate Citadels/HQ.

Npc quests in the Outpost or Protectorate Citadels/HQ might take you on board spaceships being taken over by cultists or erchius monsters where you can see space in the background through windows and outside the borders of the ship, one might even go on a mission to the ruins of our Earth's Origin System, where we can explore a shattered piece of earth and see the broken Debris of Earth in the background amongst the deadness of space and lack of atmosphere.

After the credits end, there should be a welcome back and a ceremony at the new Protectorate HQ (which now that I think about it could even just be added after the credits as a way to continue the story).

The mystery 8th race shown on The Ark Gates should be revealed soon, because I'm really hoping for more of that, I vote the bunny race shown in the Avian Tombs.

An explanation as to what Kluex was would be nice to see somewhere as the Avian Tombs allow for comments on how a lot of stuff does not look like it should.

A new Big Ape should be programmed as the one we saw was only one version of Big Ape.

The 'Story NPCs' of each race that we accrue over the game should have more Involvement like quests that end with them all having features, for example, Kuru has a quest, but ends up with no features, Koichi has a quest that ends in there being a tiny museum that should probably get a bit of a rework and another feature added to koichi or the museum via him, Tonauac has no quest, but has the feature to give buffs, Lana Blake Has No quest but has the feature of selling EPP augments and lastly The Baron has no quest but can repair the broken Protectorate Broadsword and should have the ability to repair even more broken Protectorate weapons. (There's a workshop mod that adds Protectorate weapons to the game but they should be official legit top tier weapons alongside the other legendary/uniques)

I hope this gets read and people agree with it :)

Valardy likes this.
  2. Hinu Hyuga

Hinu Hyuga Space Hobo

I agree with what you say. I would love to see more content after you get revived.