Modding Discussion More buildings and farm expansion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Cider, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

So I love that you can customize your farm however you want in this game but I feel an extra mile could be achieved. Like the ability to expand your estate and have a man-made lake placed in it on the western side of the farm or expanding the cave to have more room in it.

The idea of this thread is to discuss possible buildings or map alterations for future modders to take inspiration from.

My ideas for buildings are simple enough
    1. Fishery. Place fish you want into it and they'll breed to make more, this goes along with my idea of a man-made lake
    2. Underground rapids. Part of a cave system expansion, could provide a easier way to get batteries with a water wheel.
    3. Mill/Windmill. I always loved the idea of windmills and having one on my farm to produce grain would be awesome.
    4. More Greenhouses. This one could seem rather game breaking but the idea is once you get the greenhouse unlocked you can get Robin to build more.
    5. Slime Hutch expansion. Slightly bigger Slime Hutch, more slimes and an auto-feeder like system for the water bins.
    6. Storage/Production buildings. I deal primarily in artisan goods in my current playthrough so having buildings dedicated solely for storage and production would be nice so I wouldn't resort to using barns and coops as storage spaces.
    7. Cellar. This is more of a expansion on the house then a new building and could also be seen as an alternative to the storage/production idea but a cellar would make a lot of sense as an expansion.

lannihamm, Flother, HollandVG and 4 others like this.
    • Chief@ROD

Chief@ROD Space Spelunker

From this one which one did you want ?, or honestly , Anything that you'd agreed on ?
      1. Fish Breeding place , YES , A TOTAL YES , fishing is a good sport , but breeding fish ? , now that's a better sport
      now if you want a fish breeder , it's logical to think some sort of food no ?

2. Windmill , Just imagine it , something is turning while you smack those crops with waters and love
      Windmill , windmill , windmill , so you put some thing to get something , or you build it and it produces something continuously ?

3. Moar building , Robin needs money too , or at least we need some special spaces too

the idea of other still don't gets me , but i support this three
      GIVE IT A GO

burningleos likes this.
      • foleylantz

foleylantz Orbital Explorer

1. Hydrophonics system.

Mainly for breeding fish, but can sustain small amounts of crops aswell.

2. Stand in town.

A small stand you can setup with say 5 items slots which can be upgraded. Haggle with the villagers! Take a day off farming and be a salesman instead. Maybe even compete with JOJo and Pierre.

3. Garbage dump.

Take recycling to the next level and allow the villagers to leave garbage at your farm.
        Maybe some are careless and throws away something of value?

4. Zoo.

A miniature zoo for more exotic animals which can only be gotten from the traveling circus in the desert (event).
        Gives rare ingridients/materials i cared for.

5. A cook-off event

Ala Suikoden 2. Farfetched idea but its one of my favorite minigames of all time and it would really fit this game!

6. Sprinkler-scarecrow

QOL lategame item.

Cider likes this.
        • Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

definately the fish farm.
          it could be built around the pond near the bottom we allready have,the big pond ^^ then it might be easier for a colaboration between robin and willy

more buildings. yes, yes please
          celler, oh yes i want to make and store wine down there, and pickles
          another home extension.... well i would love an attic to store boxes and un used furniture and my wallpaper and floor hoard ^^
          and perhaps pay some money to have my own private hotspring bath (yes, i know i have that sort of allready, because i am the only person who seems to ever use the bath house lol, but its waaay up there and i would pay robin to make me one in my own fields)
          and even if they were just roofed open sheds, i would like aplace i can pop my machines down. with chests next to for storage..

i wouldnt mind another greenhouse, especialy if it was only for flowers. even if the normal crop greenhouse was not unlocked, a flowers only one might not actualy break the game if you got it at the start so to speak, right? if it only let you plant flowers inside i mean

Cider likes this.
          • Salamander Sundaes

Salamander Sundaes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Windmill! Windmill would be great - it would also be lovely if you could make your own flour, instead of just buying it. Or can you do that already? I've only just finished my first two years and am on a fresh playthrough for... science. So I might be missing something.

I also like the idea of a cellar, and it would be lovely if the price of your wines would go up depending on how long you left it down there to age. Perhaps in specialized, larger kegs that come with the build, that function as special chests? Though that does sound kind of troublesome to build. Cellar specialization could just be a second upgrade - part one, you build it, part two you decide what it's for/what bonuses you can get if used properly. Like, what about large-scale brewing of ales and meads? New recipes for alcohol would also be lovely.. though that's another matter entirely. *fantasizes*

I'd like to be able to actually arrange the layout of the house, too, like - maybe add a bathroom, so I don't have to run all willy-nilly into the mountains just for a soak.

I do rather like the idea of underground rapids, maybe there could be a scripted event in which an earthquake reveals that there are enormous underground caverns beneath your property, somewhere.. you could end up with a choice of creating a power source, or a fishery by modifying the area. Maybe Maru could offer? I can imagine that a high friendship with her could help, too.. there'd have to be something easily controlled that would act as the trigger, right?

I'd also like to be able to customize the shrine, maybe add flowers or gemstones, as some of the quests indicate other villagers doing.

Gardening additions and cosmetics could be nice. Like trellises, and such. Shacks for item storage could be lovely, I suppose - with a couple of variants on sizes. It might also be nice to be able to purchase or build items specifically related to your spouse or children that modify their behavior (like getting a telescope and putting it outside would lead to Maru sometimes going out to use it at night, etc). Though.. spouse behavior probably needs further patching before we go too wild with things like that, I reckon.

Bird feeders and baths, perhaps as an alternate to having a thousand scarecrows?

Maybe something to do with Yoba? Like, a small shrine in your house that you can pray to for a chance to get certain stats? Maybe you have to prove yourself before you can get access to building it, like in combat or.. perhaps in one of several paths, that can each lead you to Yoba's favor? I dunno.

Silverbane7 and Oyakodown like this.
            • Honeybee

Honeybee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be nice to have more storage room.

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

were gonna need a bigger farm for these

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Which is one of my ideas :p but really, while the farm is pretty damn big the option to add more room to do more farming would be really nice.

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

I could take this up and start on it, but it will have to wait till storm's api is stable and ready. Also I'm still not finished with the game, still got so much to do but no time. I'm still at year one :cry:

• Fyurae

Fyurae Space Hobo

It really bothers me that the barns are constructed the way they are, with the man-door on the left and the animal door on the right. I would love to see a mod that changes this or that adds a mirror image option. Since the house is on the RIGHT side of the farm, it would make it so much easier to plan out nice farms if you accessed your buildings from the right, near the house.

• bladedge

bladedge Void-Bound Voyager

If it helps I use the slime coop thing as my storage/crafting places. Sure it costs a bit but trust me you can fit a lot of crap in there. I think lest time I counted one of my slime buildings had...65 chests inside I think.

• lilith1020

lilith1020 Void-Bound Voyager

i got few ides if its ok if i say,
                          1. have new pets maby dont know what animals but some new ones
                          2. have new buildings where you can chouse what you want to have in there like lets say a skeleton and how to breed it? make it drop a bone after few days or so and use it to make anoder skeleton,
                          3.a mod where your kids grow up to be older and be on events.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but aren't most of these things mods already? Off the top of my head I know there is a flour making machine, a fish breeding mod, a basement, and at least two different farm expansions.

• lilith1020

lilith1020 Void-Bound Voyager

there is? i havent seen one here i been looking frow the mods so many times now i know it inside out

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Which one are you looking for?

• katronsensei

katronsensei Void-Bound Voyager

Where is the basement mod?? Ive looked through the mods before and never saw it before

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

• Diotheawesome

Diotheawesome Poptop Tamer

Buildings are a good idea. The only buildings buildable so far was the tractor. :(

• dawnplechaty

dawnplechaty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i want a science lab so i can cross breed plants and seed to get new things however outrageous they may be