1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Monsters, discuss,GO!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ironclaw32, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironclaw32

Ironclaw32 Void-Bound Voyager

in this Thread post you guys can think any kind of monsters just put it right here(if you play spore you can post the picture/video here)well if you missed the contest you can still just put it here ;)
    (OR you can just describe your monsters if you can't even upload stuff)
    :poo:+:coffee: =:cry:
    oh, and mine is a dark orbs that spawn a Darkling character of yourself and if you destroy the orb it drops random stuff(my item drop suggestion: a Rutcarver(google it) the Force glove(which can...well for an example: in PVP you take your enemies mech or control the mech against them with the glove or carry it around and crash it)
    P.S. add cave system with upside buildings (and floating islands that actually moves around)

and Tiy you read my mind about the sniper's camera toggle thing(I thought about that when I played terraria and think "what if there's snipers?how do we toggle the camera?" and you answered that. :poptop: Blurp,Blurp.

oh and if you made avians as a playable character make Merfolks(terraria) too.

P.S. its just a GENERAL dissCUSHION :viking:

Now time for fun with EMO-ticons :iswydt:

:lod:hmm, what monster should I make....
    :lolwut:AHA!
    X3brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbbrbr:fusrodah:brbrbrbr:alien:brbrbrbr:raccoon:brbrbrbr:redpanda:brbrbrbr:koala:brbrbrrbr:ssssssssss:rbrbrbrbbrrbrbr:poptop:brbrbrbrbrr:fireball:bbrbrbrbr,wait HOTHOTHOTHOTHOT!!!!!:zombie:(*sigh,sigh*) ok do it properly...:fireball:GRRRRRAAAAAAHHHH:sparta:........:poo: :lod:URH.....i give up (POOF)!:yoda:OH! OLD I AM!!!!

2. KwickPhyre

KwickPhyre Industrial Terraformer

I want (on maybe a jungle world or something like that) creatures that disguise themselves as mushrooms or trees, and then attack you when you walk past.
    Just some sprites I drew here-
    Untitled 2.png

Attached Files:

Breather and ThrehserMaw like this.
  3. Revso

Revso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you're in a forest area, having monkey aliens that go from one tree to another, but they have to be either cute or ugly lol

ThrehserMaw and KwickPhyre like this.
  4. KwickPhyre

Also, what did Tiy say about toggling the camera view when snipping?

5. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I never saw him saying something about it , but I think that the chances are high that we can zoom with scopes.

6. Cereas

Cereas Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think it's even stated in the "list of announced game information" that certain items will give you the ability to toggle a panning view.
    €: Found it: "Holding "LEFT CTRL" allows you to pan your current veiw around with the mouse a certain distance. Tiy states that it is possible items will increase your pan range. He says this will be important for sniper rifles so you can see further to find your targets."
    Source: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/list-of-announced-game-information.450/
    - Controls and Players -

Redtremordrg likes this.
  7. KwickPhyre

Yes but did Tiy say How scoping will work?

8. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see , thanks for the info ;)

Holding LEFT CTRL like Cereas said.If you don't have any scope you can pan to a certain distance , so if you are using a scoped rifle the max distance you can pan is bigger.

KwickPhyre likes this.
  9. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

Tree man!?!

-edit-
    (Screenshot isn't legit, I edited it months ago.)

Attached Files:

10. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

what in the world is that left tree? D: it gives me the chills :S

11. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

General discussion is not the place for this thread - in fact this thread does not belong anywhere.

What you are encouraging is for people to suggest monsters in a thread when there is actually a whole sub-forum devoted to voicing Monster and NPC suggestions.

12. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

A liquid boss. :coffee:

13. KwickPhyre

That's awesome editing you've done there- And yes, that is pretty much exactly what I'd want it to look like.

14. Ironclaw32

Ironclaw32 Void-Bound Voyager

well snipers have long distance view to see what their aiming right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.