1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Monster part mod pack 2.2

Lots of variety to monsters. 300+ New monster parts

1. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

2. apinanaivot

3. apinanaivot

4. stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

I guess thats fine :p. Not sure how my update will be different from this, I know there are some things with Part-specific attacks and I plan on making some custom ones for my parts once the stable update is out.

5. apinanaivot

6. xRuneXero

xRuneXero Void-Bound Voyager

Newest version 1.3 broke Garden biomes somehow, the planet is cut off, and you can't interact with anything. Taking the mod out or reversing to 1.2 fixes it.

7. apinanaivot

That does not happen to me. it might be some other mod. I don't understand how that could happen because this mod does not have anything to do with garden biome. (btw new name for garden biome is lush)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  8. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

That's caused by the world lagging greatly. Obviously, something is generating tons of lag, which may or my not be caused by the mod.

9. xRuneXero

xRuneXero Void-Bound Voyager

Upon further testing, it works fine if I delete my universe data and start over, but I would rather not do that. D:

It's only doing it with version 1.3 though :(

10. WallyKazam

WallyKazam Void-Bound Voyager

Found a couple of syntax errors in version 1.3, particularly with "anti_dreadbody.monsterpart" "sirkibblehead.monsterpart", and an issue with "anti_clawarms.monsterpart" . I'm releasing a "fixed" version of 1.3 as my thanks to the dev of this mod once I get to fixing a few more bugs.

Edit : apinanaivot has updated the link.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    apinanaivot likes this.
  11. apinanaivot

WallyKazam likes this.
  12. stephanreiken

I updated my mod to Upbeat Giraffe. There are some differences from what is in this modpack.

13. Illmad

Illmad Phantasmal Quasar

I've been annoyed with the silliness factor on many of the monster parts in vanilla. This certainly adds for the potential of some more realistic looking aliens.
    Though, was the Nintendo / Mario parts really necessary? :/

14. apinanaivot

You can just remove them from mod files if you dont like them.

15. stephanreiken

That is all my Mod has are Nintendo Parts at the moment. I just realized that. Not on purpose but Nintendo is a good source for low res pixel graphics.

16. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Excellent, good on you for updating these parts!

On my end, now I'll have a template for updating my own monster parts mod. The new file structures and code patterns are hard for me.. So this helps!
    Hopefully I'll be able to get back into making parts soon. :D

apinanaivot likes this.
  17. apinanaivot

Oberic likes this.
  18. apinanaivot

19. apinanaivot

20. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

I have a request. Would you consider releasing a version of this mod without Stephan's Familiar Monster Parts mod? Many of the monsters included in that mod do not really fit Starbound's art style. And I find it is too immersion breaking to fight a monster with Mario's hat, face and mustache or Yoshi's head.