REQUEST Monster girls/guys?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ShioriShi, Mar 26, 2016.

1. ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What would Haley be? Also Abigail being a dragon suits her but the Anthro thread has her as one already.. so may be redundant?

• BaldurAnthology

BaldurAnthology Phantasmal Quasar

Haley is obsessed with looks and fashion and photography... for some reason the only beast coming to mind is a Gorgon

• JinxMinx

JinxMinx Aquatic Astronaut

Heh yeah I really love Shane, too.
        I imagine would be pretty hard to code a day/night sprite, but it would be nice.

I like Harvey as a Faun/Satyr. Mostly just so he can keep facial hair but instead it'd be a little goat goatee.

I don't really like the Maru as a machine idea.. Not really monster-y in my opinion.

Here's my list so far, but I'm still on the fence about some and might mix and match..:

Gus = Minotaur

Museum Guy = Skeleton

Caroline = Dragon
        Pierre = Dragon
        Abigail = Dragon

Shane = Werewolf
        Jaz = Vampire
        Marnie = Werewolf

Harvey = Faun or Jackalope

Leah = Dryad

Elliot = Merman

Willy = Kappa

Haley = Googirl or Gorgon
        Emily = Googirl

Penny = Cyclops
        Pam = Cyclops

Robin = Ifrit / Fire spirit or Kitsune
        Seb = Ifrit / Fire spirit or Gargoyle
        Maru = Kitsune maybe? Or patchwork person (think sally from Nightmare before christmas)
        Demetrius = Patchwork person

Jodi = Harpy
        Sam = Harpy
        Vincent = Harpy
        Kent = Frakenstein

Alex = Orc
        Evelyn = Fairy
        George = Orc

Lewis = Spectre

Linus = Troll or regular ol' human.

I would love to make someone a Naga or Deertaur but that would take a lot of extra sprite work and idk if it would even work.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
          XaviiKinz likes this.
        • JinxMinx

A gorgon would be pretty fitting for her, plus she has the hair for it.. hmm..

The reason I like her as a Googirl is simply because I like the idea of her being this vain character that is still technically a blob of slime. I'm on the fence tho

• Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Instead of an Ogre for Alex how about an Orc? It's a lot more human in terms of size and shape plus I think he would look pretty hot as one (depending on how you draw an orc) and there's that one game Blood Bowl that has Orcs and a bunch of other fantastical monster creatures playing football together so I could see it working for him. As for Sam maybe a werecat of some sort or an elf?

And also just throwing these out there for more ideas there are creatures like:
            Minotaurs (could be another option for Alex)
            Rat-people (maybe Morrison?)
            Lizardmen/Dragon People, also Lamia
            Goblins/Hobgoblins/Trolls/Ogres (also maybe Morrison?)
            Dwarves (we could change the look of the one dwarf to a more traditional one possibly)
            Angels (since we have Sebastian as a demon/incubus) or maybe just avian people/spirits (Harpies/Garudas)
            Medusa/Gorgons
            Kitsune
            Arachne/Spider people
            Sphinx
            Sirens/Nix
            Fairies/Dryads/Nymphs/Pixies
            Succubi/Incubi, also Vampires
            Banshees/Ghosts/Liches
            Undead/Zombies/Frankenstein (maybe Linus since he's kind of an outcast?)
            Mummies
            Selkies/Merfolk
            Dullahan/Headless Horseman (might be hard to portray without a horse though)
            Pan/Satyrs/Satyress'
            Elementals
            Spriggans
            Kobolds
            Giants
            Cyclops

the list goes on and on really and I know that a few of these have already been suggested but these are just some of what I could come up with for ideas.

TundraPudding likes this.
            • ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I mentioned her as a gorgon in the first post even so I'm totaly for it

• 414a4c

414a4c Space Spelunker

I really like the idea of angel sam to go with demon seb since theyre friends and all :'D cute
                Someone mentioned theres already a dragon girl portrait mod out there so abigail shouldnt be one but I cant see her as anything else cause dragons eat gems and all. though her as a spider girl would be pretty cool too...
                not everyone has to be a monster, I was thinking marlon could stay human since his whole deal is slaying monsters in the caves. linus could be human too, it would fit his whole outcast thing being one of the few humans in a town of monsters

• Valkjosandi

Also just out of curiosity would family be of the same species or is everyone a different monster based on personality? I know with Sam appearance-wise he takes after his dad (based on their similar hair-style/appearance) while Jodi and Vincent could share a different species, or they could all be like elves or something, maybe one side high elf and the other dark? Abigail takes after her mom's side based upon dialogue from Caroline (I could personally see her being a Satyress due to her playing a flute and all) and Sebastian and Maru would both each take after their respective parents obviously (unless Maru is made into a robot/android in which case Demetrius could be a mad scientist?). In the case of Haley and Emily I could see them being different monsters since they're both rather different in appearance (Haley could be a Lamia/Gorgon and Emily could be a Harpy?) and Alex would probably share the same monster species with at least one of his grandparents (probably his grandpa) or both his grandparents and him could be the same species (I could personally see George and Alex being Orcs while Evelyn could be a Minotaur/Cow lady). Penny I'd personally think would make a good slime girl and her mom could be more of a dark purple sludge lady (though the cyclops thing works too). Then all that's left is just Marnie, Shane and Jas who could all be a pack of werewolves or maybe just were-folk in general (Marnie could be a were-bear, Jas a were-cat of some kind and Shane a were-wolf). The rest of the villagers could just be random monsters that suit their personalities, I think Elliot definitely makes for a good merman/merfolk and I could see Leah as a Nymph or Fairy of some kind.

Eit: Another idea for Sam's fam (heheh) is that they could all be different kinds of elementals, Kent would be Fire, Sam could be Lightning/Thunder or Air, Jodi could be Water, Earth or Air and Vincent could be either Water or Air. Also sorry for making such long posts, this discussion has just filled my head with all sorts of ideas and has excited me with its prospects so much so that I got a bit carried away.

• JinxMinx

If I make Sam a harpy, he will be somewhat Angelic looking.

As for the Abigail thing, I'm pretty set on her being a dragon-- tho not entirely anthro. Just some dragon like features. So it should offer some variety.
                    I love spiders, but I know quite a few people who don't, so I don't think I will make anyone a spider.

I was ready thinking that Marlon, Linus, and the Wizard should stay the same.

• Tsume76

Tsume76 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm gonna go ahead and throw my hat in for Orcish Alex as well. Mainly because I have a huge thing for Orcs.

• JinxMinx

Here's what I have so far:
                        [​IMG]

414a4c and rhomboid like this.
                        • thatz

thatz Void-Bound Voyager

I LOVE this. Love love love. Hope to see more monster edits because yes, monsters!

• ZeiaZeh

ZeiaZeh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

TundraPudding, 414a4c and rhomboid like this.
                          • Karalius465

Karalius465 Void-Bound Voyager

Slugbox has super nice art but most of it is so lewd I tend to not look too often. :rofl: (Cteno!)
                            Either way I still either think witch or triclops Abigail is the way to go. Android Maru I agree with but what about the angel inspired harpy being Haley? I think it fits better then gorgon only because she becomes so sweet if you romance her.

• JinxMinx

And here's some more samples:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

414a4c and rhomboid like this.
                              • Valkjosandi

@JinxMinx Wow, those look great! I especially like what you did with Penny and Shane, the one person I would probably fiddle around with a bit more though is Alex. Right now to me he kinda looks more like a Demon and less like an Orc due to the horns and red skin, with that being said I think for a Demon alt it would look pretty darn good! To make it look more (stereotypically) Orc-like though what I would probably change is his skin tone from red to a shade of green (which might mean changing the color of his coat up as well so he's not all green) or maybe more of a yellow/orange/brown color, but you could use the red in his eyes (and/or possibly the coat), as for his hair it should probably be more of a black/dark brown or dark purple. And since Orcs (or at least the stereotypical ones) don't generally have horns I would probably remove them. The rest of him looks great in my opinion, I especially like his tusks, that is for sure a very typical Orc feature.

Sorry, I hope you don't think I'm being overly critical or anything, I think what you've been able to accomplish so far is rather impressive and far beyond anything I'd ever be able to accomplish. I just felt like I should share a few of my critiques is all but in the end it's all just personal preference so I understand if you want to keep the design more to your liking. No matter what you decide to do with it I'm sure the end result will turn out great and I can't wait to see what other changes you'll make to the rest of the villagers as time goes on. :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
                                • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

DAT DEMON SEBASTIAN DOE. OMG!!!!

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

I'm here for the seacreature Elliott drawin'.

• JinxMinx

An update!
                                      I've got Werewolf!Shane finished!
                                      Penny is almost done but will have to wait until I get home from work.
                                      I might go ahead and make a separate thread and make them available for download as I work on the others.
                                      Next on the list will either be Demon/Ifreet!Seb or an updated version of Orc!Alex.

I also will probably open some votes as to who becomes what, as I am a bit torn. Should I do Skeleboy!Sam or Harpy/Avian! Sam?! And a lot of people seem to want Abigail as something other than a dragon so.. I dunno! We shall see.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
                                      • JinxMinx

@414a4c Everyone, including myself, loves your Elliot design, so I was wondering if you plan on making it an official finished mod? And if not, would you mind if I did? I would give you full credit for the design.

If not and you do plan on making it a stand alone mod of your own, I'd be more than happy to include it in the official release thread of mine (again, full credit to yourself). Or just link to it if you want them separate!