Monster combat changes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 23, 2014.

1. mistahcat

mistahcat Tentacle Wrangler

monster will drop in hole and will have awkward there's not enough space for both of us moment. finally break the tension by kissing.

Lintton likes this.
  2. kitsunehanyo

kitsunehanyo Aquatic Astronaut

Definitely like the ideas for the combat revamp :D Though it'd be nice for the weapons to have some diversity too, like hammers have a chance for a momentary stun to make up for their slow swing speed. Assuming of course that enemies can flinch.

3. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

Hey so I am coming in really late as usual. Just wanted to say I love the sound of the combat overhaul. Seems like its going to make combat a lot more fun : D

4. Merlander

Merlander Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is probably pretty stupid, but I would really like to be able to fight with no weapons or just have fist weapons like caestus's and such. I have some odd fascination with the ability to punch the enemy. Also rather than a block because that's ridiculous with fist weapons maybe it could be a dodge just harder to do. Well there's my two cents.

5. zentropy

zentropy Space Spelunker

Awesome! Havn't really taken the time to comment here before, but this is really something I was looking forward to.

Also, love the drawings. :)

6. Kyon

Kyon Contact!

Doesn't this concept assume that you'll be on equal footing?

It seems a little orthodox to me, being that most of the worlds I've been on have anything "But" flat plains on them.
    And if that's the case, are the monsters going to be spending most of their time trying to get into proper positioning or something?

7. Xotano

Xotano Subatomic Cosmonaut

duno if i can agree with absolutely no knockback, but less knockback and it being more dependant on the weapon used would be good, like hammers having more knockback then something like a dagger that should have no knockback at all.

8. TerraPixel

TerraPixel Void-Bound Voyager

This no knockback would be harmful to the *hunting bow* part of starbound would it not?

9. Sambo Samba

Sambo Samba Void-Bound Voyager

I personally find this idea really awesome
    i just cant waaaaiiiiiiiiittttttt