Money Saving

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tsukunea, Apr 9, 2016.

?

Would You Use A Savings Account Through Joja?

1. Hell yea!

60.0%
  2. Nope

20.0%
  3. Maybe

20.0%
  1. Tsukunea

Tsukunea Yeah, You!

Hello! First post here, so please bear with me because I have an idea for Stardew Valley that I think may improve tight money situations for new farmers.

An Savings Bank/ATM inside the JojaMart...

This savings system can help new farmers for whom money may be a bit tight by gaining interest at a small rate each month to help players save for bigger purchases later in the game.

The ATM system would obviously go out of business with the JojaMart when the Community Center is complete (If players choose that path), and Morris would have to shamefully reconcile with the townsfolk and give everybody their due money. However, if players choose to become members of JojaMart the interest rate may increase slightly.

Not only would this give more tug-of-war-like opportunities in the game with JojaMart being the antagonist, and tempt players further to join the societal monopoly machine, but would also be a greater reward when JojaMart is defeated because it will be that much more delicious to see Morris handing out money in shame to the townsfolk that he cruelly cheated out of their money.

What do y'all think?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016