Modding Discussion Mod's you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nordaadder, May 13, 2015.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Phantasy Star themed Vanity Getups could be cool. :)

Debaubau likes this.
  2. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm really waiting for a mod that allows us to modify the weather.

Also one that re-adds legacy dungeons like the USCM bunker and Floran Prison.

3. Debaubau

Debaubau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Working on my first mod now. If I can get it working and it's decent, I'll use this weekend's tropical storm to start on a PSO-themed weapons/costumes mod. :)

L3W and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Ledhead

Ledhead Phantasmal Quasar

Frackin Universe added this to the todo list a few days ago as I was talking to the dev and had the brilliant idea of an atmosphere generator for such a task of changing the weather to your choosing and a terraformer for use on those boring flat biomes which allows to basically create sub biomes within a radius of it. Both late game items both need huge amounts of power to run.

If only we could have a live another life (skyrim) like mod for Starbound because after one play of the protectorate u want to spawn stranded on some random environment with just partial gear to survive the harsh world. For example you may be given a mid tier set of gear which protects against some elements and a backpack that gives air what you dont have is acid protection or heat protection.

And as you know Frackin has some crazy world's so, in this situation you would be on a random hot planet with acid rain which has a chance for acid rain and sulphuric biomes so obviously you would need to build yourself a place to craft during the day or you'll die, and be careful while explore. Because it will be a little while before you get heat and lava backpack or gear created on top of this collect your fragments to fix your ftl drive. So basically yes you a thrown in to a random world and based on the star type given the bare minimum equipment to traverse but not without its drawbacks.

I think would make for an interesting start.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Kinsem and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to have:
    1. An option in the Settings to reverse the standard [shift]-key Functionality.
    2. Less horizontal movement while jumping (mods do not seem to help)
    3. a cute pet in the style of mollygos for planetside, not shipside.

6. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Crossbows being brought back, so me and my pals can roleplay as predators hunting aliens.

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Megsoiluj

Megsoiluj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1) A Frankenstein Mod.

Analyzing monsters that we found in planets with a scaner and then you can use whatever part you want (feet, head, attacks, colors, etc) into an original creation.

if the game can auto generate them, why don't we?

And the same thing for weapons. :D

2) Money Improve Mod

Right now I can't find a mod that improve the pixel drop rating, to make more money from monsters and also sell crops for higher prices.
    Get money sometimes become really frustrating, and most of the crops are not worthy for sell.

3) Planet Colonization Reversed.

Invert the actual colonization system and allow npc to make their own colony, just give them the materials, prepare the terrain and see how they make their own houses and all kinds of buildings.

Would be great for people like me who suck doing nice houses or are just to lazy and want a mixture race metrĂ³polis.
    Probably too ambitious though, ha.

---.---.---.---.---.---.---

I see so many good ideas in this thread, makes me want to start modding :p.
    Hopefully some developer check them, a few thing should really need to be in the vanilla game.

jaymee_murder and Axe Garian like this.
  8. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I'd like a mod that makes fishing less of a pain. :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Kinsem

Kinsem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree,a mod to have the colonies expand on there own would be awesome.

jaymee_murder likes this.
  10. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

MORE ANDARTAEL MUD.
    • RAce mods - Temmie, Goat monsters maybe even skeledongs???
    • weapon mods - delicious weapon mods pls. specially ones that work with 1.0??
    • food mods - glamburgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUTTERSCOTCH PIES!!!!!!!!
    • ??????????? cringe
    • cringe
    • cosplaY ItEMS????

Megsoiluj likes this.
  11. Superepicgecko

Superepicgecko Space Penguin Leader

You want crossbows mate? I can do that no sweat.

Crusism likes this.
  12. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

First, flamethrowers and then critter displays and then SMGs and, now, crossbows? Holy Shit, you're spoiling me. X'D

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Superepicgecko

Hah! You should see the mods I have on the workshop - I've only recently started porting them over to the Forums.

Crusism likes this.
  14. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Flamethrowers are already in the game as Legendary Weapons that are rarely found in high tier Planets's Chests & high tier Challenge Dungeons.

Crusism likes this.
  15. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

I know, and there's a legendary crossbow too! =)
    It's just that they're rather late in-game and that their overpowered prowess isn't fitting for roleplaying as simple people living within a single planet being survivalists, so, with that, I always felt both weapon types (among others) should have been their own tiered category. X'D

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Fair point. I think I can agree with that. I also miss the Tesla Coil I had in Beta Play long ago, which was like a Flamethrower but shot Lightning instead. I love Lightning.

17. Superepicgecko

I'm working on an expansion to GDFL which has frost and chem throwers. Can probably do a Tesla coil too.

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I want a mod that makes planets go back to having only one primary biome type.

If I go onto a jungle planet, I sure as heck don't want to end up exploring a savannah biome instead. :(

19. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

I'd like to see more female vanity that isn't just binikis or big boobs...

Personally I'd love to see more dresses, skirts and Ethnical clothing. (like Hijabs, Sarees, Kimonos ect)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  20. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

"Ethical"...? Did ya mean to say "Ethnical"? :unsure: