Modding Discussion Mod's you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nordaadder, May 13, 2015.

1. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Here I go with more mods.

-Perk System:
    Make it so you get bonuses according to your actions.
    Said bonuses are influenced by: race, diet, nightime vs daytime, biome (may learn to resist poison or cold), alignment and so on.

-Monster AI:
    Swarms of small monsters, giant monsters may be COMMON on some dangerous planets, medium monsters may attack in groups or alone...
    Oh, and all with their own behavior!

-Unsafe homes.
    Make it so monsters can break through some blocks. Would come in three flavors: dangerous planets only, everywhere except starting planet and absolutely everywhere.

-Take cover!
    AI will no longer stand stupidly as they get hit. If some of them take too much DPS they will try to move to a safer spot.

-Aggro mod.
    Monsters detect you from very far.

-Aggro mod rebalanced.
    Some monsters detect you if you use lights, or if you shoot, or if you move fast, or if you attack something, or if it's daytime/nighttime.

-Spooky mod.
    Some monsters turn down lights. Some monsters EAT light sources.

-Zombie invasion mod.
    Adds an invasion device. When activated, it turns 90% of the planet's alien lifeforms into zombies. Makes it so they spawn more and always come in large waves to attack the player and colonists.

-Space mission mod.
    Mission minigame where you drive a small spaceship to somewhere, dodging enemy lasers. A bit like Galaga.

2. Fauxglove

Fauxglove Subatomic Cosmonaut

I know this is a tall order, but I'd like to see a comprehensive RPG sort of overhaul on the quest system. Right now the main story mission consists of "Go find me things," the procedural quests all fall into pretty narrow types and the rewards are little better than finding a random chest. I'd love to see more focused storytelling through quests.

3. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I recently read the Wiki to learn more about Seeds for stuff I don't yet have, & all that's in the game total, & noticed a glaring omission from the List... How the buggers did Devs forget to Implement Farmable Pumpkins!? :eek:

No Farm is complete without Pumpkins!

4. Daskelox

Daskelox Orbital Explorer

I would like a Kill la Kill mod with scissors and kamuis.:unsure:

5. Fauxglove

Fauxglove Subatomic Cosmonaut

Another thought: Alternate styles for defensive turrets. A low-profile turret that won't look out of place in a city would be nice.

qualiyah, Axe Garian and sleepy123 like this.
  6. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Turret Mod : Replace the old loud shotgun shells with auto-aim rocket ammo
    At least it will be spectacular to be honest...

Auto-Backup Mod: <----- Not a file! A mod for starbound!

MP3 Mod: When you are tired of paper mario instruments and want to listen to clear and nice music

Weaponry Mod: When you dont want to spend space and time by making 3 manipulator table's and/or switching between modules
    Just put one at the top of each other!

Change the color of the laser in Aegisalt Pistol :The Mod:

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Linkgetsuei

Linkgetsuei Void-Bound Voyager

Since BYOS and madtulips exist. I'd like to see more hull decoration and panel types for when making your own ship. you know space cannons, more variety on travel thrusters and landing trusters, wings and foils, air lock doors. more unique and racial related hull blocks. have a placable decoration like the vines on flrant ship but with variouse items (tentecles, thread, wire's, tubes, etc.)

Just ways to make your ship look better and more intricate.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Now that ya mention it, Paper Mario ABC Notations for the Instruments would be cool, especially for the Dojo Battle Music from the first Paper Mario. :DD

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

I've suggested the new farmables and Pumpkins first of all the others in the Big Suggestion Thread ( signature link )

For Halloween Event, pumpkins are a must and those can be used to craft Carved ones in random shapes ( need to mention / update the suggestion )

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Music devices to provide background music. Right now, there's, what, four? The jukebox (can't be found since human villages don't exist currently), the Hylotl radio (not that pleasant to listen to) the club deck (who in their right minds want to listen to dubstep?) and the Hylotl music box (kinda pretty, but very hard to find).

Since the game has a system for playing music, you should be able to make a placeable object play. Like a record player. You could even have a system where you need to find records to play (exploring a Glitch dungeon and finding a Floran Death Metal album, perhaps).

Or how about a musician crew member? Give them an instrument, tell them which song(s) to play, and they'll liven up the ship immensely. Tell them to follow, and you have your very own minstrel! (Playing a Glitch knight named Sir R0.bin is not required.)

I wish I knew anything about modding. Anyone feel like trying this?

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Glad I am not the only Pumpkin Fan! :DD

Also, i've tried out Rails seriously now & now think they suck as a replacement for Elevators for Elevator Purposes. I want Craftable Elevators back... Modders, please help! :pwease: The Devs shoulda let BOTH be Craftable & let us choose which we'd like more. Rails do NOT replace Elevators in effectiveness for Elevator Duty, that's for sure, I vouch for it personally now. :down: (Especially how stupidly hard it is to get the Platform to NOT fall off the Rails, & the fact that ya can Use Function on it & accidentally pop it off by mistake... :facepalm:)

Also I second Mooncalf99's vote for a Music Box for playing BGMs & other such we wanna play, especially if it could include a "Crystal Music Player" to go with the Crystal Furniture Set & set it to play Crystal Battle 1 on Loop! :love: (Including having the same Colony Tags as the other Furniture, plus "Wire" since it'd make sense to make Wiring Power for the Player work the same way as the other Music Boxes/Players in the Mod Crafting.)

12. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Actually, there is a mod that adds craftable elevators back - ElevatorGet. And yeah, elevators gli... malfunction far too much for me to rely on them. It lags oddly and I keep falling through the platform. Not cool, especially in the Grand Pagoda.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Kinsem

Kinsem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am currently in the process of creating my own ship and I would love a mod to be able to post crew members in certain parts of the ship and have them stay there such as solders in the armory/security. chemists and medics would stay in the medical section and the engineers/mechanics would stay in the engineering section of the ship. that said I am also looking for tutorials on creating custom interactive ship objects like what was in the SMEE mod I used to help with.

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Being able to control where your crew are on your ship would actually be really nice aesthetically :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been real picky about the types of NPCs I recruit. It'd be nice if there was a mod for spawning NPCs with complete control over the appearance. Race, hairstyle, stance (personality), colors, etc. The only thing I could think of right now is maybe something like "Second-U" (if it gets updated for 1.0), but... somehow we'd need to be able to set the clones aside for the intended recruiter, or have a friend create the clones for us.

Also maybe a mod or tool for readjusting one's existing character's appearance, and possibly name.

.........and to top things off, I don't know what it is, but I've been reeeeeally into the idea of slimepeople lately. Having related abilities would be kinda neat, or just variations of existing tech to suit one's style.

I wonder if it'd be possible to make a tech where the alternate form matches one's skin or hair color choice...

I should really just learn to make these things myself.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Omega_Flowely and Axe Garian like this.
  16. Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

A Ship upgrade system overhaul, the licence mechanic is interesting but I'd love it to be extended so that you can swap your vanilla licence (legit or fake) for another class for another ship at the same size as the current upgrade. Probably via the fake licence vendor.

That would be interesting, I mean a racial ability could be no falling damage and when they do fall far enough to trigger fall damage you drop your equipped items and your avatar turns into a pancake/pile of goo for 20 seconds before reforming. Although that also makes transformatives tempting as well...

17. Tamamo89

Tamamo89 Pangalactic Porcupine

The floran clan leader is way to easy to kill. That should be changed.

18. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

How would one go about creating "magnet boots"?

19. Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

Probably by using the sticky sphere tech as a right click ability via a controller that maps itself to an offhand slot when you equip the boots.

20. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Copy-pasting this from another thread since this could also be nicely implemented by modders.

Ever found that ALL worlds are inhabited either by either mindless monsters or by space-faring civilisations? WWell, I was wondering... why not have a middle term between the two? Gentlemen and gentle women... I suggest you the THRIVING THRIBES MOD!

Hold on! Beasts, tribes... what's the difference?
    Simple. Tribal minions would be biped creatures, but they would be more humanoid than standard creatures, and carry a small but diverse random arsenal of primitive weapons (throwing spears, axes, bows...) and clothes (furs, skirties, floran...) with them. They would (optionally) attack wild animals within the range of their town and even the player, if he/she is careless. Oh, and they would be able to open unlocked doors, and the most advanced ones would (rarely) use bombs. Careful with those!

How would they spawn?
    Easy to program, since we already have the system programmed! They would spawn just as colonists do, Tribal minions would use a spawner inside a biome-themed hutt to appear, but they would appear en masse. A small group of 1-5 minions (5 max) would appear per hutt. They would be a splendid mini-dungeon addition. As an addition, a stronger, bigger tribal Chief could appear at the center of the town and use a higher tech item, perhaps even a staff that allows him to use tech-magic.

What would their behavior be?
    Here's where the crazy part would start. Minions would always attack together and use a hit-and-run strategy vs the player. I recommend making all trives ranged to make this easier.
    If you attack their Chief or destroy one of their hutts, they would be far more persistent than regular creeps and send small groups to raid the player's current location. Hutts would make tribal minions spawn every X time.

Some nice addition would be to have some non-hostile tribes that only become hostiles when the player attacks them or steals from them, and a tribal Chief that actually gives procedurally generated quests. Help those poor noble savages!

What's the reward for fighting those tribes?
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to take their chests from them. Or you could capture them with a capture pod. Or you could add them into your tribal zoo. That's up to you.