Modding Help Mods won't work on Macbook

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Felix Mordou, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Felix Mordou

Felix Mordou Void-Bound Voyager

Tried to launch multiple mods on my late 2008 MacBook 13-inch, with OSX Maverix.

Following link is crash log.

http://pastebin.com/TNPXgTc3

What can I do to fix this?

Or should I go to the support forum?

2. Felix Mordou

Felix Mordou Void-Bound Voyager

3. Karmos

Karmos Space Penguin Leader

Are these mods you downloaded or mods you made?

The most likely issue is the creation of hidden .DS_Store files by Finder in your /mods or /assets folders. Every time you open a folder with Finder, Finder creates these files to keep track of things like where folders are positioned in the window. If this is the error, you can fix it by closing your finder windows, opening terminal, and running this command before starting Starbound:

Code:
    sudo find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common -name ".DS_Store" -depth -exec rm {} \;
    This will clean up the .DS_Store files. You'll be asked to enter your password for the command to run. You'll need to do this after each time you open your /mods or /assets folder. If this doesn't work, it's probably an issue with one of the mods you downloaded; I'd recommend methodically removing the mod folders from your /mods folder to figure out which one is breaking your game (and remember to run the .DS_Store deletion command).