Modding Help Mods instantly crushed my game, for a long time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Robert_Lee, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Robert_Lee

Robert_Lee Void-Bound Voyager

https://pastebin.com/x00eUUUC

And this went from day, that i'm subscrubed for many good mods, can anyone say how to fix it, what mods need to delete?

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Its a weapon mod. Duplicate 'revolver'

Technically you could loose either mod that has it.

And that's why generic id names like that aren't a great idea.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  3. Robert_Lee

How I can trace what mod is involving? There's many 'revolver' mods, but this mean that i need to remove them all?

4. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Download Notepad++ and install it.

Run it.

Hit open, navigate to your starbound mods folder and open any text file in there - doesn't matter what.
    Click on find (the binoculars), click on "find in files", type in "revolver" without the quotes. Set the directory on that tab to your mods folder and make sure "in all subfolders" is ticked. Hit find, go make a cup of tea or something. Look at results, see if you have revolver in two different mods. If you have, pick one of them and remove. If you don't, you've reduced the problem to only those mods which are pak files.

5. Robert_Lee

I have mods from Workshop, there is no more than .pak files, what to do now?

6. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Got to do it the hard way then. Take out all your weapon and race mods and add them back one by one until you find the one causing the problem.

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Actually you can still have notepad++ scan the workshop folder. It can scan .pak files.

But rather than opening the results, the folder they are in gives you the mod id that you plug into the steam url

befatal likes this.